• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Newcomer

Josh

Chronically Misinformed
Just thought I'd stop in and say hello, as that seemed to be the most advised thing to do. :) My name's Josh Garrison, and I live in the small town of Bolivar, Missouri, although I really live everywhere and anywhere right now. I've debated putting my address in my profile, mainly because I'll be moving (yet again) in August, but as long as none of you database it, there shouldn't be a problem.

Right now I'm in my third semester of college, but am going to be a warrant officer with the Army flying helicopters. At least that'll give me a steady address. :D

I've been smoking cigars for a bit over a year (I put the "new" in newbie) now, and have tried about everything you can legally secure, and my only ISOM was a Bolivar of some kind, around lonsdale size I think. Just snagged a few (okay, 100 or so) in Mexico last summer. Smoked one before I crossed back at Del Rio, and made it home with nothing but the memory and a lighter wallet. ???

I currently don't have anything but a small desktop humidor, but am scheming to build a fridgador out of a whine fridge this summer. I read on a post here a few days ago that some of those also controlled RH levels, but I have yet to find one that makes such a claim.

Anyway, enough rambling for now, I should probably get to class, or something. Good to meet you all!

Welcome aboard.

Hope you didn't hurt yourself falling off the turnip truck. :sign:

This is the place to learn about cigars and such.

Welcome to Cigar Pass Wildcard.
You found a great board.
All the guys and gals in here are great people.
Best place to learn more about cigars......period.

Hey there Wildcard, welcome aboard!

Pull up a chair, light up a good one (not one of those that were confiscated, however) and enjoy your stay.

Dave :D

They didn't get confiscated, I just couldn't pass through with them. I actually went back (getting dark by this point) to try and find the nice little shop from where I got them, but was unable to locate it. I ended up selling them at a rundown gas station for $75 (just about made me sick) but it was better than a complete loss. The funny thing was, the first time they completely took my car apart, the second time through border patrol, they just glanced in the back seat and let me go. I could of just put 'em all in my trunk and made it.

Wasn't worth the risk at the time.

Welcome. Lots of interesting people and ideas floating around here. :thumbs:

WildCard,

Welcome. I am also a newbie to the board.

I was wondering where you are in MO as compared to Columbia or Mexico? I have family in those two cities and it would be nice to know someone else in the area so when I make the dreaded trip to MIZZOURI, I could offset the trip with meeting up with someone besides family.

I gave a cigar to a cousin of mine and he just bit off about 1.5 inches and then smiled at me :cool: And he thinks 'cityboys' are strange!

M. Gipson :)

gawntrail said:
I was wondering where you are in MO as compared to Columbia or Mexico?
At first, I thought someone must had really bombed out in geography. :0 :D :sign:

Welcome to CP Wildcard.

I was wondering where you are in MO as compared to Columbia or Mexico?

I'm a long shot south of that area. I'm about 30 miles north of the Springield area, that I-44 runs straight through.

And not all of us over here are "countryfolk", heck I don't take anything off my cigars. I use a punch. :D

My schedules usually really hectic, but I could easily take a couple of hours to smoke a cigar with a fellow connoisseur.

did I mention olivar is one of my fave. brands?

welcome to CP Bro!
GO COLLEGE!

yup, more of us young-ins needed here to mix things up (but not to much mixing)
:D

So is "wildcard" your call sign? Welcome aboard Josh pull up a chair and enjoy the fun ;)

BenjieV :D

Waaaaay back in the day when I was playing "X-Wing" on my 286, I had to name myself so I just picked Wildcard for no known reason. Used it for a few other things after that and it kind of stuck. I guess I could have just used my name, but it didn't seem quite right after all these years.

When I make the dreaded trip to MIZZOURI

It's MISERY :(

Today anyway, rainy grey day and I have a sinking feeling about my interview earlier today.

Welcome Wildcard :)

Robb in St. Louis