• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Review Thread on Cubans? Really?

2021-14 Romeo y Julieta Belvederes (2018) *Second Edition is up!

2021-15 Quintero Tubulares (unknown year or code) is up!

2021-16 Por Larranaga Petit Corona (LGR October 2019) *Second Edition is up!

2021-17 Trinidad Reyes (unknown year or code) is up!

2021-18 Partagas Short (unknown year or code) is up!

2021-19 Bolivar Petit Belicosos LE (ERO AGO 2009) is up!

2021-20 Bolivar Coronas Gigantes (POS ENE 2007) is up!

2021-21 Diplomaticos No. 2 (OEB May 2007) is up!

2021-22 Por Larranaga Petit Corona (EML ABR 2014) is up!

2021-23 Montecristo No. 4 (Pre-Embargo) is up!

2021-24 Montecristo No. 1 (1970) is up!

2021-24 Montecristo No. 1 (1970) is up!
It must be my birthday!!!

2021-25 H Upmann Coronas (PVC ENE 2003) is up!

2021-26 H Upmann Sir Winston (OME MAY 2014) is up!

2021-27 Behike BHK 56 (unknown year or code) is up!

And with that, it is with some sadness to say that this closes out this years Cuban cigar review thread for me. I had an absolutely awesome time doing this. So thank you to all of the contributing members on this forum to help make this possible.

Oh, and on the note of Flavor Wheel or no Flavor Wheel- while I like the diversity of flavor options spelled out on the flavor wheel to augment by Billy goat palate, I did enjoy the ability to smoke the cigar and not be constantly referring back to a sheet of paper trying to pick out the next flavor. I think not using the Flavor wheel made the experience more natural and closer to what a regular smoking experience is. Now don't be mistaken, smoking all of these cigars and trying to pay this level of attention is work. I've mentioned at least once that there are some of these cigars which I would like to smoke without the responsibility of reviewing them hanging over me. But, someone's gotta do it, and I'll be your Huckleberry.

ill-be-your-huckleberry.jpg

And with that, it is with some sadness to say that this closes out this years Cuban cigar review thread for me. I had an absolutely awesome time doing this. So thank you to all of the contributing members on this forum to help make this possible.

Oh, and on the note of Flavor Wheel or no Flavor Wheel- while I like the diversity of flavor options spelled out on the flavor wheel to augment by Billy goat palate, I did enjoy the ability to smoke the cigar and not be constantly referring back to a sheet of paper trying to pick out the next flavor. I think not using the Flavor wheel made the experience more natural and closer to what a regular smoking experience is. Now don't be mistaken, smoking all of these cigars and trying to pay this level of attention is work. I've mentioned at least once that there are some of these cigars which I would like to smoke without the responsibility of reviewing them hanging over me. But, someone's gotta do it, and I'll be your Huckleberry.

View attachment 44974

One of my favorite stories about tasting flavors in cigars... Many years ago a group of us would routinely meet at a local cigar lounge. We often traded our observations about the tastes and smells we encountered - and compared notes. We had amongst us a compadre who generally enjoyed smoking with us, but never really offered any opinions about taste or smell. He said he left it up to us "experts" because he never tasted anything other than cigar smoke, but instead just chose to smoke the cigars he liked. On one particular day everyone was chatting away, talking about the smells and tastes. I watched our compadre intently as he was clearly either processing what he tasting/smelling - or REALLY enjoying his cigar. The looks on his face were classic. Suddenly - and without warning - he blurted out "GRAHAM CRACKERS!!! GRAHAM CRACKERS!!! THAT'S WHAT I TASTE - GRAHAM CRACKERS!...." He carried on for the next hour about how he could never taste anything, until he finally tasted graham crackers. He was clearly very proud of himself that he finally was able to taste something other than cigar smoke. To this day he swears the only time he's ever tasted anything smoking a cigar was when he first tasted graham crackers...