• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another sad day

Bxcigrfan

There Once was a Man from Nantucket...
the life of children is so precious and to be taken away so senseless and so young. My heart goes out to the families affected. If you have children give them a hug and a kiss tonight no matter what their age.

I'm still getting caught up with what happened today, but my first reaction was "just shoot yourself in the head, why go after kids?"

this is so sad indeed. I agree with 4cbln3 if you want to die just shoot yourself

Why do any of them go and kill other people? It makes sense, I have never been for gun control. But this is getting out of hand. Something needs to be done to keep the guns from getting into these psychos hands.

I think of the families that had kids that survived as well. This is going to be really hard for them to explain to their kids.

I have been following this since I heard about it this morning. A truely sad day.

If you want to die, just shoot yourself at your house. There is no reason to bring innocent children into it.

I can't imagine getting a call from my kids school, just thinking about it makes me tear up.

I am torn up inside for the families of these children. I have a 5 year old. She's sleeping right here next to me. I can't fathom what would drive someone to take such innocent lives. It hurts to think about. I also grieve for the responders who had to walk in and witness the aftermath of this. How does one recover from seeing a massacre of 20+ children of that age...?

A real tragedy. That piece of shit ends up dieing in the end, why hurt so many innocent people, let alone kids. Truly sad...

This is a tragedy of unimaginable depth. The children in that school. The families. The community. The nation.

I don't normally show up at the bus stop to walk home with my kids...but I did today.

I just found found out the kid (I think he was 20) that shot up the school had a mother that was a teacher there. The police are thinking that maybe he was there to shoot her, but lost control.

ETA - Or at least that is what the news way saying.

He is actually 24, and he killed another relative before he went to the school to target his mother.

20 kids killed 6 adults and him. All the kids were in 2 kindergarten classes side by side his mother was the teacher in one of the classes! Don't know how quick the news is getting to the other side of the country but this was the report and count an hour ago.

Yes he was 24 but there was and unidentified man in his car that the police have in custody who is 20.

This is why I carry everywhere I go.

There is a special place in hell for assholes like that.

Totally and utterly senseless act that is unbelievable to even think about. Having lost a child myself I can imagine what these parents are felling. My child did not die in cold blood by the hands of a monster however so this is almost worse. I have been on the verge of tears all day since hearing about this. May their souls rest in peace.

I just get mind head around the mindset needed to kill innocent children, It's a sad day for humanity.

This is a national tragedy. I feel for the parents and family of those lost. A horrific act committed by a coward.

I'm going to get on my law enforcement soap box and state that these types of terrible and senseless murders will continue until the U.S gets it's head out of it's posterier, realizes
we are not in the 50's or 60's anymore and that these are dangerous times. Funds will have to be provided to put trained armed officers in every school, similar to Isreal.
The only way to stop violence is with greater violence metted out by a trained professional. Teachers and faculty must continuosly train for such an incident and be prepared to act.
We as citizens cannot go through life with the idea that "this can't happen here". It has happened "here".

OK, I'm done with that, just needed to vent.

Again, prayers to the families of the victims.

I could go on a complete diatribe, but just off the cuff:

-I've never looked at kids on TV, even in crisis situations like I do now that I'm a father. I see my little man in every one of those kids and it breaks my heart
-That piece of shit was an absolute coward. You want to destroy other peoples' lives, don't take the easy way out by putting a bullet in your own head.
-While some additional gun precautions may be necessary in some states, I just wish everyone on their soapbox right now would face reality and accept the truth that if someone wants to obtain a gun to commit a crime, they will.
-Some FB friends and I had a bit of a conversation on FB today. We're all adults, but pretty well jokers and smart asses. The comments were almost unrecognizeable from our usual comments. Vulnerability, honest and pain for those that were touched by this tragedy and hope that we'll never have to deal with such a thing ourselves.

So, hug your kids a little tighter and love them even more. Realize how lucky you are, and be well CP.