• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another USPS horror story

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I sent a package to Jim (Keystone_Raider) and when he got the email notification from USPS he tells me dude, that not my address!

So I go back to my history and sure enough there is some bizarre address which I didn't type. I go create a dummy label to see what is happening and sure enough it creates the same wrong address again. It changes "Westmoreland Mall" to "1211 County Home Rd # LBBY" and it changes the zip from "15601" to "15601-8903" which is not Jim's 9-digit zip and Jim has never heard of County Home Rd.

It gets better:

I call USPS web site support and they can't do anything.....I ask if they can help me verify where it is going so I can call them and alert them they will be getting a package that is not theirs. The girls says "I don't know what a DC# is and the 9 digit zip code only indicates the county it's going to"

I call my sister who is a post master in the area where Jim's shop is and she says "oh the people at the web site are dumber that dirt" After explaining to my older sister that mom and dad didn't raise us to be lazy.....get off your lazy ass and do something about it....she laughed and told me to go "F" myself!

It amazes me....the web site people don't know anything about postal services because they are not part of the post office and the postal people recommend you don't use the web site because those people are dumber than dirt and aren't even part of the USPS.

I need a cigar

Man that sucks!

Hopefully whomever received the package will return it.

Your government agency hard at work bending you over, before they supposedly help you. Do I hear another postal increase? Typical bureaucracy from USPS, double talk Try going to a large PO in NYC and getting an answer, after talking to several people you just leave since they each know less than the previous person.

I had that same problem shipping to that addy. The PO does recognize that addy in the computer for some reason and kicks out some way out, not even close address. I contacted them about it, maybe a second would help.

Al

Damn, that sucks man. I will have to be careful about making those slips!!!

Don

In a similar situation myself. USPS sent my package to a QVC distribution center by "mistake". They admitted they made the "mistake", but nothing they could do. I'd have to just wait until it was found and returned (if they ever were). I've tried tracking it down, however it's been two weeks straight and no package.

Sorry to hear that, but good info. I'll make sure I check the address that prints on the label from now on. Click and Ship is just too convenient.

Keith

Well, add this to the list of recent USPS foul-ups.

I've sent out 8 click-n-ship Priority Mail packages over the last week.

I just signed-on to my checking account a few minutes ago to pay some bills. My friends at the USPS double billed my account for every one of those packages! :angry:

Now I've got to chase them down for almost $70. How easy do you think that's going to be?

Haven't got enought to friggin' do.

I sent a package to Jim (Keystone_Raider) and when he got the email notification from USPS he tells me dude, that not my address!

So I go back to my history and sure enough there is some bizarre address which I didn't type. I go create a dummy label to see what is happening and sure enough it creates the same wrong address again. It changes "Westmoreland Mall" to "1211 County Home Rd # LBBY" and it changes the zip from "15601" to "15601-8903" which is not Jim's 9-digit zip and Jim has never heard of County Home Rd.

It gets better:

I call USPS web site support and they can't do anything.....I ask if they can help me verify where it is going so I can call them and alert them they will be getting a package that is not theirs. The girls says "I don't know what a DC# is and the 9 digit zip code only indicates the county it's going to"

I call my sister who is a post master in the area where Jim's shop is and she says "oh the people at the web site are dumber that dirt" After explaining to my older sister that mom and dad didn't raise us to be lazy.....get off your lazy ass and do something about it....she laughed and told me to go "F" myself!

It amazes me....the web site people don't know anything about postal services because they are not part of the post office and the postal people recommend you don't use the web site because those people are dumber than dirt and aren't even part of the USPS.

I need a cigar

Package arrived today with the f'd up address label. Soo apparently it does not really matter what address you ship to :0 Your package arrived in normal time though Jeff, so go figure. Thanks for the trade Bro!

I had that same problem shipping to that addy. The PO does recognize that addy in the computer for some reason and kicks out some way out, not even close address. I contacted them about it, maybe a second would help.

Al

Funny thing here Al was that it rode around in the postal Jeep for about a week before they figured it out. I'm in the only mall in the area and I have the only business by that name. Guess some postal workers don't get out much. :rolleyes:

Well, add this to the list of recent USPS foul-ups.

I've sent out 8 click-n-ship Priority Mail packages over the last week.

I just signed-on to my checking account a few minutes ago to pay some bills. My friends at the USPS double billed my account for every one of those packages! :angry:

Now I've got to chase them down for almost $70. How easy do you think that's going to be?

Haven't got enought to friggin' do.

Very interesting.... I too sent out a bunch of packages over the past week via Clic-n-Ship and on one batch of 3 addys I was charged 4 times! I do have to say that the refund process was much easier than the site described, and the 800# was helpful. Very surprising! (that they were helpful) As far as the USPS having some lazy a*s employees, you forget they are Govt Union members who CAN'T be fired!!! My old Postal carrier used to mash my mail and basically told me to pound sand when I complained. I say privatize the system with SOME Govt oversight. Watch service improve and prices drop.

I use stamps.com for all my USPS shipping. the interface is better and I don't have any of these problems. (At least not yet :whistling: )

Dave