• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Walmart score

hydro-terp

I was in Walmart the other day and as I always do I buzz through the thermometer section to see if anything is on sale or new.
I looked around and found this baby.

ps-ci00592WLarge.jpg

$28

I gotta grab some batteries for the remote sensor and try it out. I couldnt find it on Wally Worlds website.

Jesus, where do you keep the big piece? Have you salt tested yet? Ah, don't sweat the "don't salt test this unit" warning. Just don't leave it in the tupper for a month.

Nice Score!

Thats the exact same unit I have in my office. Works perfectly :thumbs:

Nick

Nice, I recently picked up one of the Oregon Scientific Weather Stations with the wireless sensor for my Coolerador and it works great. It's nice to be able to know your smokes are doing good without having to always opens the cooler

Nice Score!

Thats the exact same unit I have in my office. Works perfectly :thumbs:

Nick

Cool pickup man. I gotta start looking into all of this 'cooler' stuff because I am unfamiliar. I will check out walmart sometime soon around me to see if it is in stock. Cool post!

Josh

I purchased this exact model and the salt test reading shows 67%. I have a different digital hygrometer in with it and it reads 75%. What do you think is making this unit so far off? Will a different set of batteries make it more accurate?

I purchased this exact model and the salt test reading shows 67%. I have a different digital hygrometer in with it and it reads 75%. What do you think is making this unit so far off? Will a different set of batteries make it more accurate?

Got my first one at home depot, and it salt tested at a whopping 61%. Got a better one that was adjustable and it salt tested at 72%
B

Most hygrometers in this price range are gonna be hit or miss. Most of them call for an accuracy of +/- 5% so anything reading from 70 - 80% (during a salt test) is accurate according to their specs.

If you get a hygrometer thats reading off by more than 4-5% I'd take it back and exchange it for another thats better dialed in. I exchanged a radio shack hygro twice before getting one dialed in to exceptable accuracy.

I guess I should have edited or added a follow up post.

After a few days my remote would stop talking to the base. Took it back to Wallyworld and they exchanged it no sweat.

Been working fine ever since.