• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anti-Smoking Dystopia.

Macion Grey

the Libertine
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ade...7740068849.html

I can't believe this. Banning something that is legally purchased for even one day is a step too far in the wrong direction. In the age of nanny-states and 'Big Brother' reality, it seems not enough people are willing to stand up for their freedom of choice.

We are being governed too strictly with our lifestyle choices. Prohibition did not work in the 20s, why do you think those tactics will work now? Yet I do feel more and more people just accept their choices being made for them nowadays, leaving those who value personal choice looking like aliens.

Oh, by the way: I LIVE IN ADELAIDE! lol.

I just hope this gets no further than this, but I am not holding my breath...

Wow that was a read and a half bro.
Might have to reread that while I am smoking a cigar.... :whistling:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ade...7740068849.html

I can't believe this. Banning something that is legally purchased for even one day is a step too far in the wrong direction. In the age of nanny-states and 'Big Brother' reality, it seems not enough people are willing to stand up for their freedom of choice.

We are being governed too strictly with our lifestyle choices. Prohibition did not work in the 20s, why do you think those tactics will work now? Yet I do feel more and more people just accept their choices being made for them nowadays, leaving those who value personal choice looking like aliens.

Oh, by the way: I LIVE IN ADELAIDE! lol.

I just hope this gets no further than this, but I am not holding my breath...

People want nany-states. They dont want to have to take care of things there self. Nanny-states make life easier for lazy people. Personally I dont want government telling me to do anything. It all comes down to voting. People just vote by party and dont actually look at the people they are voting for.

Wow that was a read and a half bro.
Might have to reread that while I am smoking a cigar.... :whistling:

haha, yes. That is the only way to beat em. Well.. I guess lighting up in a pub would be more of an eye-opener, but then you get fines and lectures and all sorts of trouble, and who has the patience to argue with people that blindly accept facts without researching them even a little?

Not me, that ship has sailed. It's cheaper to drink at home anyway.

What is really galling about this situation is the fact that the State Governments in Australia tax tobacco so heavily, I think its around 56% here in Queensland, and then they try and show they are serious about stopping people smoking by passing these stupid laws. If they really cared about peoples health they would ban tobacco altogether, but they would lose billions in revenue. Smoking tobacco is still legal so the government should back off and let people make their own choices. A generation of Australians gave their lives to preserve our freedom and now governments want to erode that freedom......Crazy!

I was going to say " next they'll come for your guns", kind of ignorant of austrailia law, some countrys ban guns, if they already haven't, are guns legal in Austrailia??

Guns in Australia are heavily regulated. After the Port Arthur massacre in 1996 all semi automatic rifles and pump action shotguns were outlawed by the goverment. It is illegal to carry a firearm for protection and to own any gun you must belong to a club or have written permisson from a landowner with more than 30 acres, to shoot on his property. Even if you have these prerequestites you can only store your weapon in an approved safe that is attatched to your floor and is subject to random inspections by the police. It has done nothing to curb gun crime in Australia (which was low anyway), as the criminals have always obtained their weapons illegally. What it has done is put many gunshop owners out of business. Last year crossbows were put into the same category as guns with all the above requirements for licensing. What next? Maybe they will ban paper because papercuts really hurt.
Still, I love my country, but we do have some crazy laws.

Sorry to hear that you guys, I have heard Australia is a beautiful country, hope to visit there someday. maybe I'll leave my smokes at home LOL

edit

and another thing, we would totally be sparking up on that one "smoke Free Day"

Sorry to hear that you guys, I have heard Australia is a beautiful country, hope to visit there someday. maybe I'll leave my smokes at home LOL

Come on down bro

If you are gonna buy cigars from down here mate bring lots of money with ya. ???

and another thing, we would totally be sparking up on that one "smoke Free Day"

This should be a CP event. Everyone should have a cigar on smoke free day in defiance of that ridiculous crap.

Thank goodness I live in Texas where the wonderful things regulated by the ATF are cherished :D

If it were me, personally, I'd probably get myself arrested on that day. Buy one of those 10x80 giant sticks, and smoke it on the street corner.

I wonder how many people would feel the same about lighting up on the no-smoking days? I think a lot.

A lot of people will want to protest their right of choice being taken away one step at a time, especially how over the top it is getting recently.

I think I would sit in the middle of a busy mall with cigar smoking friends with some nice coffee and watch the sneers of self-righteous do gooders with glee.