• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anti-Smoking Nazis at Work

Tell him we'll (Fort Worthians) loan him Walker Ranger if need be. :biggrin:

I stopped by the shop this evening on my way to dinner. The owner told me that the Administrative Officer for the Health Dept. stopped by this afternoon to give him a temporary written exemption for two days based on a letter the County Commissioners wrote to the Board on his behalf. This is to keep the shop from going under the new policy on Sept. 15 so he can come to the next scheduled meeting of the Health Board on the 17th and plead his case for an exemption. He will be going, along with his lawyer. So it looks like some good news. Just have to wait and see.

Hey Bill, it is the 17th and I will smoke one this evening in support and thought of Eddie at the meeting this evening. Hope it works. I will be in the area Nov 13-16. Talk to ya later.

Yogi, I'll pass that on to Ed. I happened to be in the shop on last Thursday and a reporter for the local fishwrap (i.e. newspaper) showed up and asked our opinions of the new policy. He got an earful from all of us there.

The article was in the paper on Friday. The reporter did a good job and got our quotes right.

Saturday's at the shop is the day when all the regulars show up and smokes a couple of cigars, drink some coffee and BS. This Saturday everybody showed up and it was standing room only. The shop was the only place in the county that day where you could smoke indoors.

The meeting is at 4:00PM today. As soon as I hear something I'll let you know.

SCORE ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Just found out that the Health Department granted an exemption to the owner to allow smoking in the shop. All of the members on the board voted for the exemption.

I think this calls for a special cigar to smoke in celebration.

Excellent, I wish I could have been there. I may come up early and stay with my brother that weekend and do some mountainbike riding and hang out in the area.

It made the morning paper in Charleston today that the shop got it's exception to the ban. Now Ed is really on the map. lol

The Martinsburg Journal had an article on it in Wed. edition. Shows Ed smoking a pipe with smoke all around him. I walked in this morning and handed him a WOA natural to celebrate.

Very cool. Should really burn up my sister in law, she is one of the ex california smoke Nazi's that have migrated to the area. But she didn't know about the ordnance until I told her. Hope they don't crawfish on him.