• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Antique Medicine Cabinet

Shibumi

Looking for Effortless Perfection
Lately I have done some p/t computer work for this 75 year old guy. He's in the process of cleaning his messy house out so he can sell it and moved to California where most of his family now lives. I saw this cabinet in his basement and asked him for it. He said "give me a quarter for it". I thought he was kidding about the 25 cents, but he kept asking me for it while I worked on his computer that day. So I finally gave him the quarter and took the cabinet home. Makes a great pipe cabinet, huh? You can see in the picture it also has two, cool little drawers on the bottom.

Now I'm looking all over his house for an antique cabinet to turn into a cigar humidor. :laugh:

gallery_1871_97_71897.jpg

I don't smoke a pipe,but that looks like a great find there.

Now that is really cool!

I hope to find something like that this summer during the garage sale/flea market season.

Pretty nice. I hope to find something similar, too, but much larger. I'm thinking of just building something, but I like the idea of reclaiming something that is no longer being used and converting it.

Not bad for $.25 :)

Absolutely amazing looking
Great Job
I'm a sucker for antiques :thumbs:

Now I read your post
You got a hell of a deal
Out my way youd pay about 150-250 dollars for something like that

Thanks for the comments. I went to this guys house yesterday to help straighten out his garage and didn't see anything else humidor-wise, but we opened a box filled with old bottles of liquor and I saw a sealed bottle of Canadian Club Whisky. 6 years old it say's on the bottle, but how long was it in his garage? He say's "you want it?" Duh, Yeah?!? I cracked it last night. Real smooth. It went great with my Don Pepin. I'm not a big whisky fan, but I have only tried the american stuff which is too strong for me. This really had a nice smokey/sweet taste. I can't wait to sample a few more drams tonight. :love:

That is pretty sweet looking, color me green ;)

That's Awesome!

Looks like you could easily replace the mirror with a piece of beveled glass, to kinda show off the contents, and make it look less like a bathroom fixture.

Dennis~

what did you use to mount the pipes?
I bought little plastic hooks, but I need to change them, not sturdy enough. I saw these little clear plastic stand that I want to use instead of hanging them.

That's Awesome!

Looks like you could easily replace the mirror with a piece of beveled glass, to kinda show off the contents, and make it look less like a bathroom fixture.

Dennis~

That IS a good idea, but I kind of use the mirror to look at myself in the morning. :blush:

That is a killer cabinet. The fact that is an antique makes it all the cooler. Way to be thinking on your feet as you peruse his stuff. With that and the whiskey, I'd get back in there and see what else he has before he moves out. Congrats on that catch.
Ted