• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Antivirus draggs

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
I made the mistake of getting Norton 2005 which brought my computer to a hault last year. A well known symptom, it is now time to renew and I surfed to see if Macafee or something else was better.

PCMAG said Macafee 2006 is actually worse this year at bring down the speed but Norton isn't much better.

ANy comments? I was thinking of switching but PCMAG online said Norton 2006 was actually not as bad as Macafee 2006.

HMMMMM

AVG Free Edition. Do a search here on CP to see what people say about it.

I've been using AVG for a few months, no issues with it.
...other than the free version will tag your e-mail if you install the e-mail scanner. Some care, some don't; it's good software.

FWIW - I'm running McAfee V 8.0 on all the machines in my house. I've been very happy with it and can recommend it. System impact is minimal to the point of not noticing it doing it's thing.

Regards - B.B.S.

I have used AVG in the past but I now use Avast. No problems with AVG that I can remember just switched. Both are good anti-virus programs.

I've been using AVG for a few months, no issues with it.
...other than the free version will tag your e-mail if you install the e-mail scanner. Some care, some don't; it's good software.

FWIW - I'm running McAfee V 8.0 on all the machines in my house. I've been very happy with it and can recommend it. System impact is minimal to the point of not noticing it doing it's thing.

Regards - B.B.S.

Mcafee here also with same results. I have 6 computers ranging from bleeding edge to a P4 1ghz or some such. Each is seperately licensed. I set all file scans for dark-thirty, so don't have a problem.

Add another to the AVGFree list. Use it on multiple computers and it has been great! Almost weekly (if not more!) updates and it has done its job on more then one occasion! I had the norton BS on my new laptop since it came with it. When it ran out a few months back I switched and couldn't be happier!

I've been using AVG free for a couple of years too. It seems to work great and updates frequently. I haven't had any problems with it at all. I can't say that about any other AV program I've used.

AVG Free :thumbs:

Use AVG here, works great. It's blocked several virus's. Been using it for a couple of years. It doesn't tag your email, there is a setting in which you can turn tagging off.

Use AVG here, works great. It's blocked several virus's. Been using it for a couple of years. It doesn't tag your email, there is a setting in which you can turn tagging off.

Didn't know you can turn it off, not that I mind. At least my people know I'm making an attempt not to send them infected emails :D

As far as updates go...mine updates every single morning :sign:

Norton's done right by me for the past 3 years, especially during that attack on CP a few months ago. It slows down my computer at startup, but only a little, and doesn't seem to effect the speed otherwise. :thumbs:

was a faithfull norton user for years, found AVG free a year ago, never looked back. excellent program, updated often with good support.

Norton's done right by me for the past 3 years, especially during that attack on CP a few months ago. It slows down my computer at startup, but only a little, and doesn't seem to effect the speed otherwise. :thumbs:
The same here.

Doc.

AVG free beats Mcaffee & Norton, by far.

Kaspersky's AV beats everything but NOD32.. and it's neck and neck with it.

Just in case you're going to Buy one, it's Kaspersky's. Bulletproof.

If you drive a FAST FAST car.. get Nod32. It's fast.

I use eTrust Antivirus from Computer Associates. No problems, no issues, always updates. :thumbs: