• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any car guys here?

Yeah, I'm one! :laugh:

I used to be into big old Cadillacs (I had a couple of 1970 DeVille convertibles and a 1972 Fleetwood 75 limousine) but about eight years ago, I got into Jaguars. I "restored" :rolleyes: (that means I have way more money into it that it will ever be worth :laugh: ) a 1986 XJ6 that I show in car shows. There's a picture of it in my profile. I have a 1987 twin to it (same color interior and exterior) that I'm in the process of fixing up to sell. I also have a 1996 XJ6 Vanden Plas as my daily driver.

My brother and I have a 1978 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD "work truck" that we did over ten years ago that we plow snow with, pull the car trailer with and so forth. It's in pretty nice shape for a 30 year old vehicle.

There's a thread here somewhere where I posted pictures of my "fleet." :D

I have a big ole garage that I do all my work in with a pretty nice set of tools that I've been collecting over the years. The problem now is finding the time. :(

What I want? Well, I'd like a Jaguar XK8 convertible (triple black, 2000 or later, a 2001 XKR anniversary would be the dream car but they are very hard to find) or a nice 1988-1991 XJS convertible (triple black also) someday.

A crazy dream would be an XKSS, an XJ13 or hey, why not an XJ220. ;)

I love cars but couldn't even dream of doing what CoventryCat did and restore one. My all time favorite is a 1953 Cadillac Coup deVille. 1947 Caddy would be close second with that big, beautiful grill on it. Current cars like the Mercedes CLS63 and BMW760 cause my heart to palpitate. Simply amazing machines.

'71 Pontiac Lemans Sport, 455 +040 4 bolt mains, ported GTO heads, 10.25 compression, Turbo 400 - 3200 RPM stall, 4.10 posi 12 bolt, Henry's Axels, hand made dash with full Autometer gages. I only have 4 spare engines now though.

Have: 2001 Toyota Corolla, Black / Tan, 4cyl (I know you're jealous)

Want: Ariel Atom, Impreza WRX STI

Car guy? Yeah, I'm a car guy. I sell them for a living. I currently work for a Ford Lincoln Mercury store, but used to have my own dealership in Ohio before moving back to Virginia. The dealership in Ohio specialized in unusual stuff like cop cars, muscle cars, performance cars, and just about anything oddball. I've had a variety of cool cars over the years. I sold my most recent project car about a year ago - a '64 Buick Skylark. Here's a pic in it's early stages. When this was taken, I'd just bought the car from an old man who owned for over 30 years. The original aluminum head 300 V8 ran like a top. I replaced the old, tired original springs in the back with heavy duty station wagon springs - which lifted the back end of the car up about 1 1/2". I ditched the original 14" hub caps w/ white stripe tires for the GS wheels and white letters in the pic. I also ditched the original single exhaust for duals w/ 40 series Flowmasters. The interior was all original and minty. I love cars like this because it's a tad unusual. Camaros and Mustangs are great muscle car projects - but a bazillion people choose those cars. I used to pull up at cruise-ins in this car in the state you see it in the pic (before rust repair and paint), and attracted a ton of attention.

64lark.jpg

IM002921.jpg

Now I drive an '06 SS Impala and working on obtaining a '70 SS Chevelle.

37 Ford Business Coupe (all steel), ZZ4 crate engine with a Turbo 400

Oh man, my first car was a 1937 Ford Business Coupe! Bought it in 1957. It was already customized; '48 Ford engine with twin, chromed Strombergs, duals, Offy heads, '40 hydraulic brakes, Cadillac head liner, rolled-n-pleated naugy seats, '40 dash and shift, oversize tires/wheels, and 14 coats of dark blue(almost purple) lacquer. Sold it when I went into the Marines :( .

Had a 1955, red Thunderbird, 1957, racing green Jaguar Saloon, 1957 MGA A Coupe, 1979 Pontiac Firebird(with the last of their high performance big block 400 ci engines), and a 1991 Camaro Z281LE(6 point roll cage, balanced-n-blueprinted 305 ci engine, chip, MSD ignition, hogged out intake, stainless steel headers, muffler, and pipes, Recaro driver's seat, 5 point seat harness, window net, no AC, Corvette brakes and oil cooler, Optima battery in the rt, rear 1/4 panel, Bilstein shocks, front shock strut, uni-body braces, BFG R1s(for the track), etc.

Now I have a 2001 F150 Lightning pickup truck. Modded it myself; chip, larger(4 lb) crank pulley(to drive the stock Eaton supercharger faster for more boost[14 psi]), single blade throttle body, Magnaflow cat-back, track bars, NADA gell-cell battery, and a cold/ram air intake. It's very quick; 12.531 seconds @ 108.69 mph in the 1/4 mile and that's with it weighing 4,760 lbs.

Z281LE at driver's school track

At the 'old' Road Atlanta

Lightning in the 1/4

At rest

Dan

Yeah, I'm one! :laugh:

I used to be into big old Cadillacs (I had a couple of 1970 DeVille convertibles and a 1972 Fleetwood 75 limousine) but about eight years ago, I got into Jaguars. I "restored" :rolleyes: (that means I have way more money into it that it will ever be worth :laugh: ) a 1986 XJ6 that I show in car shows. There's a picture of it in my profile. I have a 1987 twin to it (same color interior and exterior) that I'm in the process of fixing up to sell. I also have a 1996 XJ6 Vanden Plas as my daily driver.

My brother and I have a 1978 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD "work truck" that we did over ten years ago that we plow snow with, pull the car trailer with and so forth. It's in pretty nice shape for a 30 year old vehicle.

There's a thread here somewhere where I posted pictures of my "fleet." :D

I have a big ole garage that I do all my work in with a pretty nice set of tools that I've been collecting over the years. The problem now is finding the time. :(

What I want? Well, I'd like a Jaguar XK8 convertible (triple black, 2000 or later, a 2001 XKR anniversary would be the dream car but they are very hard to find) or a nice 1988-1991 XJS convertible (triple black also) someday.

A crazy dream would be an XKSS, an XJ13 or hey, why not an XJ220. ;)

My friend has a Jaguar 1960 E-Type that is a dream, as well as a 1995 XJ8, and a 2004 XK8

I know he really wants a Cobra...but those are untouchable!

Yeah Im a car guy I guess
Here is a pic if my last car. Just sold it so I can devote my energy to helping my Son build his first car.
I will be ordering a new chassis next year

MORE400c.jpg

And yes I carried a special pouch for cigars in case of a breakdown

My Dad was a fanatic for Austins when I was growing up. He had I think eight in all, three of which ran and looked great. 1966 Austin Americas. The one he gave me was light green, my sister's tan, and he drove a blue one. I was ten at the time. ;) I drove mine flying around the dirt roads that surrounded all the tobacco fields (yes, I lived in the sticks). He also bought an Austin Marina...can't remember the year...but I remember it would fly! Then came two 1960's Fiat Spyders (not sure of the exact dates on 'em, thinking 68). One he used for parts and fixed up the other, gave it to my sister. Of course, I drove it the most though :D. Man I miss those li'l cars!

At 13 I persuaded (okay, aggrevated) my Dad into buying a 1971 Camaro ($600 back then). It was school bus yellow, camel interior and of course the 350/350 turbo. Now THAT was a cool ride at 13 huh?? And no, I didn't have a license yet! :D Ended up trading the Camaro for a 1971 Honda 350 motorcycle (inline 4cyl). Overhauled it completely and man that thing sounded good with a straight header! Traded that for a 1969 Thunderbird with the suicide doors and a 429 Thunderjet!! Woohoo that thing was a killer ride back in those days! I won't go in to what happened to one of my buddies who forgot it had the suicide doors...and was slightly enebriated. :laugh:

Over the years I've gone through quite a few different rides. 1980 280Z (ground effects, spoiler, loaded). '72 Ford shortbed w/305 and three on the tree. Traded it for a '79 Mustang someone had dropped a 351 police interceptor in. I have to say that was the fastest, and scariest, car I've ever owned. I sold it quickly. :D Bought a '68 Dodge Dart w/the 340 hemi wedge and parked it at my grandma's house, went back the following week and it was gone. I ran inside and asked where my car was and she said, "I sold it." Yep, she sold it. No title, no nothing. I never did find out what happened to that car or even how much she got for it. Hey, it was my grandma. I couldn't fuss. :D :(

I did buy another '71 Camaro years ago and restored it, but ended up having to sell it right after finishing. Had a '71 Cutlass Supreme...get this...diesel! Yep, diesel. My dad and I pulled the 350 olds diesel out and put in a 350 olds gas engine and drove that thing for years.

Upon entering college, my dad suprised me with a new car. A Renault Alliance. Yeah yeah...but hey...it was new! lol (POS!) I ended up gutting the inside and installing four 12 in. subs where the back seat was, four 6x9's in the rear window four mids in the doors and several tweeters in the front with oh man, I don't even remember how many amps/crossovers/equalizers etc... Needless to say, it couldn't be driven with the bass up...mady my eyes crossed! :laugh: That was back in my "bass" phase. Got over that quick.

Have owned a BMW, SAAB, Jaguar (dad has a XJ12 right now). Here is my last project. And my last ride. I'm sure there's tons I've forgot about...thank goodness right? :D I've put enough in here as it is.

So...yeah...I'm a car guy. And bike guy. And I like boats too. :)

There's at least one thread on here listing cars.

Current - 2004-5 Magnum R/T - Yummy!

I had 1970 AMC Javelin - original with 360. I had the topend done and some nice pipes...worked like a charm.

I also had a 71 Olds Omega...with a Rocket! :D
It was a 4 Door....funny to see the Mazda's and such get dusted and wonder why! :laugh:

Working on a 1955 Chevy 2dr.
Frame off.
Fatman Fab. Front Clip.
Art Morrison Rear four bar/link.
Lowered about 1-2 inches all around.
Strange 9in.
Termec 5 spd.
Dart 350M set to 406(or is it 3?...dang numbers).
Aluminum head.
Custom Fab. pipes.
Blower Shop blower.
Injected. (Dan Fodge)

The long block is done - mainly racing stuff - waiting to fly Dan out from Cali. for tuning.

Frame is near done - have to mock up the chassy and notch the trans area(hopefully not) - then the frame goes to paint.

We'll run it like that for a while as we have a painter in NC were we'll have the body done - prolly sometime in the summer.

Fun stuff! ;)

hmmm..I'll have to get more pic's this weekend!

Oh - I'd love to get a Sedan Delivery or Nomad! :thumbs:

Now I drive an '06 SS Impala and working on obtaining a '70 SS Chevelle.

I kick myself for selling this one 6 years ago. I won quite a few trophies with it. I sold it and bought a '68 Camaro RS which I spent way too much restoring. Now I have a highly modded '05 vette that is so fun to drive.

70chev.jpg

I'm a big time car guy. I drive a '07 BMW 328i. What I want...

Lamborgini Gallardo Spider
Lamborgini Murcielago lp640
Ferrari F430
Audi R8
'08 BMW M3
Pagani Zonda
Keonegseg CCX
the list goes on... :laugh:

1966 Mustang fastback GT. Bought it from the original owner 12 years ago and still use it as my daily ride. There's a pic of it on my website: www.articulate-design.com

1966 Mustang fastback GT. Bought it from the original owner 12 years ago and still use it as my daily ride. There's a pic of it on my website: www.articulate-design.com

Nice website. You're a talented artist.

Right now I drive a Neon SRT-4. Hopefully an 05-07 Subaru WRX STI in the next year, or an 03+ Honda S2000.

I got 06 mustang gt conv witha v8 that i want to sell for what i owe which is $28,000