• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any car guys here?

I have a '67 Mustang GTA convertible with a 390 big block and triple deuces. Found it in a bone yard in Florida 8 years ago. It was pretty well stripped. 1967 was the first year Ford dropped the big block in the Mustangs and it's also the only year the Mustang GTA was made, so the restoration was definitely worth it. For the most part, everything is pretty much stock. You could buy the carbs and intake from the dealer. I did go with a straight dual exhaust rather than the factory single muffler. Ford would run a dual exhaust into a common muffler which was mounted tranversly right in front of the gas tank. That and the fact that the top of the gas tank also served as the floor of the trunk meant that rear end collisions were always an adventure. That was also the last year for the non-collapsible steering column. My insurance agent lies awake every night during the summer when I have it out on the road. This car could never be made today.

I'm a bit boring, but I love the Camaro.

My first car was a cheap 1983 Two tone Red/Grey Z28 with T-Tops bought in 1994 when I was 16. It had 115,000 miles on it when I got it (of course it only showed 15,000 since the Odometer only went 5 digits). It finally fell apart in 1997 when it wouldn't stop backfiring. I traded it in and got my next Z, a black 1994 (no T's) this time with only 28,000 on it. I kept it until 2002 when I finally traded it away for a nice 1992 Firebird with T-tops. I still have the bird, although it sits in the garage most of the time.

In 2003 I got a 99 Mustang again with Low Miles on it. By the time I got rid of it, it had completely fallen apart around me and made me wish I would've stuck with the Camaro (I was just upset that they canceled the line). That crap car is the main reason I never moved to the newer Stang and instead traded it off with negative equity (due to the new stang's coming out) and grabbed my rental (lease) 07 Chrysler Sebring to basically get me to 09 when the Camaro returns. Last night on my way to the Colts game, the Indianapolis Auto Show was going on and they allowed anyone with a Colts ticket free admission. I was able to get a look at the new Camaro and damn... that is hands down my next car. As long as they don't drastically change the way it looks, I'm in love with the new car.

My favorite all time car has to be the 63 Vette. Although the first gen Camaro is nice as well.

96 honda civic here. TTT Just parted out a 95 Nissan Skyline here in Japan. :( That thing was a BEAST! Huge Turbo and pulled all the way through 5th. Loved it but it had nowhere else to go so it was time for a new project car. Going stereo and a little BIPU style with this one. I'll get some pics of the teardown on here sometime.

My favorite all time car has to be the 63 Vette. Although the first gen Camaro is nice as well.

I just sold my '68 Camaro and love the look of the new one. I'm a GM guy through and through. My current '05 Vette is a great car. I've modded the hell out of it with cam, heads, exhaust, 4.10 rearend, and widebody Z06 body, tires and brakes. There's nothing like a vette especially with 450 rwhp and 4.10's. :love:

I'm a bit of a car nut. I'm currently putting my camaro back together from the winter project. These damn head gaskets are not fun to change...lol.
I had to sell my CJ7 to fund the parts. There is not a day that goes by without me missing that jeep.
Dream car...the new ZR1 corvette!

Yah, I'm a car guy I suppose....maybe more of a truck guy...

I'm a poor college kid, so I dont/havent owned alot of cars, but I'm always working on friends cars and my jeep.

The Heep can be see in my av/sig..nothing too fancy but very capable and built on a dime.

I am for the most part, more of a gear head than a "Car Guy". Right now only thing I have to tinker with is a '98 jeep. I got a rebuild kit for a chevy 350 for Christmas that I'm going to be installing in the near future. It's on 38.5" tires and has a complete custom suspension. I've built roll cages and rock crawlers for friends also.

S7300250.jpg

Previous rides included a 113" hard tail chopper, '73 Cutlass, '67 Dodge

I am for the most part, more of a gear head than a "Car Guy". Right now only thing I have to tinker with is a '98 jeep. I got a rebuild kit for a chevy 350 for Christmas that I'm going to be installing in the near future. It's on 38.5" tires and has a complete custom suspension. I've built roll cages and rock crawlers for friends also.

S7300250.jpg

Previous rides included a 113" hard tail chopper, '73 Cutlass, '67 Dodge

well, as much as I like your jeep, and you seem to know alot about them, i hate to tell you this.... but...you're supposed to keep it right side up.... :whistling:

Got a 91 C4 (under a cover in the garage til spring) ...
Newer Maxima ... daily driver

well, as much as I like your jeep, and you seem to know alot about them, i hate to tell you this.... but...you're supposed to keep it right side up.... :whistling:

It was only on it's side for about 15 minutes. I pulled the plugs to make sure it was not hydro-locked with oil then wheeled the rest of the day.

Besides, I prefer left side up, that way it is the passenger side taking the impact. Keeps me farther from harms way. lol

I just sold my '68 Camaro and love the look of the new one. I'm a GM guy through and through. My current '05 Vette is a great car. I've modded the hell out of it with cam, heads, exhaust, 4.10 rearend, and widebody Z06 body, tires and brakes. There's nothing like a vette especially with 450 rwhp and 4.10's. :love:

The new Camaro is definitely going to be a great accessory for my garage! (if the lady complains, I'll point out her shoe and purse collection, most of which were not cheap).

I've also been fond of Vette's. The first Vette I ever drove was a 78 (couldn't tell you the designation all I know is it was my birth year and I was 16 and loving it).

I WILL own a first gen Camaro one day... mostly when I get the time to actually sit down and tinker with it. As it stands right now, I am not much of a gear head, I just love to drive them.

As much as I'd love to get into classic sports cars, I'm an offroad junkie at the moment.
Currently, I've got my 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE w/ 3" lift, lots of other steel upgrades, and CDL conversion.
Want? Geesh... a 1970 Hemi Cuda w/ stock 426 would be nice to wrench on.

I'm a Mustang guy, but my daily driver is a Chevy Avalanche. Go figure. Anyway, Erie is home to CJ's Corvettes. It's a specialty collectable shop for you fiberglass guys. He has some obscure stuff in his store. Here's the website if anybody is interested - www.cjscorvettes.com . Don't know if I'm breaking any rules by giving that information, but I'm not in any way affiliated with him or the business.