• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Dog medics?

cohibasurfer

one day older than dirt
I googled it, but thought I'd ask here since this forum is a wealth of knowledge. Can you give a dog baby aspirin for pain short term and or long term (arthritis) ? TIA.

I googled it, but thought I'd ask here since this forum is a wealth of knowledge. Can you give a dog baby aspirin for pain short term and or long term (arthritis) ? TIA.

I'd have concerns over stomach bleeding or ulcers. The arthritis would benefit from an anti-inflammatory med (there's doggy naproxen). There's a whole slew of info out there on people using homeopathic remedies for their pets. How is s/he exhibiting pain? Have you looked into turmeric and alpha lipoic acid for the arthritis?

Are you at your mother's still and just not have a vet there yet?

Finally:

i asked my surgeon and she said there’s nothing otc

Sorry for all of the posts, but don't want anything missed through an edit after you may have seen it.

@cohibasurfer Rimadyl is what ya need to get from the doc. It's pretty cheap, too.

Baby asprin is a bad thing for dogs but in an emergency, for a day or two max, you can give them one. Not recommended, though.

Banjo uses rimadyl for his knee aches and it works well. Won't hurt the animal either.

Floyd T

Thanks everyone. No it is.
And she's getting ready to cross the bridge. I give her golden paste ( Turmeric supplement ) It was working but it's just time to take her on that last walk. It's hard as a mf to say good bye to the only bitch that has never talked back to me. ;-) Again... No is the action.

Thanks everyone. No it is.
And she's getting ready to cross the bridge. I give her golden paste ( Turmeric supplement ) It was working but it's just time to take her on that last walk. It's hard as a mf to say good bye to the only bitch that has never talked back to me. ;-) Again... No is the action.
Michael,

Our job as pet owners is to make sure they don't suffer. It ain't easy and there's no clause in the "contract" that says WE won't suffer. You're doing the right thing. I've said never again, but there's nothing like the loyalty and undying love a dog offers. It's hard, my friend, but you've got support out here if ya need it. Wyatt Dumas, America June, Handcuff Bodacious and Alfie are all waiting for me, on the other side. Good luck, brother.

Floyd T