• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any fog punks out there?

JayBay

WTB Bratalias
Last night at Jaxx in Springfield, VA, I attended a punk show of legends. It was the DC area stop of the So-Cal Punk Invasion Tour featuring Fear, Agent Orange, and D.I. There were two other bands there, as well; Total Chaos and Bloodhook. I'd never heard of either one, and wouldn't have minded missing either one. In fact, I attempted to miss them both by showing up late...but they started the show late and I ended up seeing them both. Neither was terrible, nor were they worth writing home about. Anyway, D.I. took the stage by storm. They delivered a high energy show I was not expecting. They were followed by Agent Orange - who stole the show, in my opinion. They were also high energy, but very polished. They played numerous old school favorites, and played them like pros. Finally, Fear took the stage, and opened with Living in the City. The years have not been all that kind to Lee Ving - but hell, I guess he looks decent for a nearly 60 year old punk! He definitely has not lost a bit of attitude, and had lots of classic commentary between songs. They played all the classics. Great show overall - highly recommended for all you old school punks!

Last night at Jaxx in Springfield, VA, I attended a punk show of legends. It was the DC area stop of the So-Cal Punk Invasion Tour featuring Fear, Agent Orange, and D.I. There were two other bands there, as well; Total Chaos and Bloodhook. I'd never heard of either one, and wouldn't have minded missing either one. In fact, I attempted to miss them both by showing up late...but they started the show late and I ended up seeing them both. Neither was terrible, nor were they worth writing home about. Anyway, D.I. took the stage by storm. They delivered a high energy show I was not expecting. They were followed by Agent Orange - who stole the show, in my opinion. They were also high energy, but very polished. They played numerous old school favorites, and played them like pros. Finally, Fear took the stage, and opened with Living in the City. The years have not been all that kind to Lee Ving - but hell, I guess he looks decent for a nearly 60 year old punk! He definitely has not lost a bit of attitude, and had lots of classic commentary between songs. They played all the classics. Great show overall - highly recommended for all you old school punks!

I'd love to see Fear and Agent Orange live. Was there a pit with a bunch of 50-60 year old guys in it gettin taken out on stretchers?? LOL

BTW:I wouldn't figure that Lee Ving would be a good looking old guy.:)

Agent Orange has always been under appreciated in my opinion. A great band with a great live show. :thumbs:

I think that Maimi Cubano and myself might be the most involved members from that era of the original Fear and Agent Orange. D.I were much later in comparison and I didn't even hear of them until I borrowed Tean Goon in '85 or 86 (still have it on tape somewhere). I saw Fear at least 6 or 7 years before that and Agent Orange sometime in the early eighties. While AG was a bit too skater for me Miami Cubano was big into that at the time and probably knows more about them then any one else here.

Damn, I wished I had known about it. I really like D.I.--I saw them back in '06 (I think) in Honolulu, it was an good show.

Props Audio! I gotta tell ya, they just dont make it like they used to!