• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Golfers in the house

the gurkha

NWMSU Mafia Godfather
Just wondering if there are any golfers in the forums and if so what do you smoke when doing it? I found these awesome sandwich filler house cigars at my local shop, I think they are nicaraguan and I like to smoke these when golfing cause I can really chomp down on em and not feel like I biting the hell out of a pricey stick.

I've only been golfing 3-4 time in my life but everytime I've been out I've had a couple of Padron 3000's, both Natural and Maduro

It depends. When I'm playing golf-I like to have a strong flavored cigar that is not
that expensive. If I am going to the course to practice i take a favorite cigar and enjoy the time outside.
I am planning on going tomorrow am to practice ,
and have a fine Gurkha lined up for the day

Bill

I usually smoke something mild-medium, occasionally an isom, but not usually. I dont like to get all light headed, and golfing can ruin a good cigar.

I playat least twice a week, and sadly, don't ever seem to get much better. Since it's outside the cigars are about 1/2 smoked by the wind. Therefore, I smoke cheaper stuff and larger smokes.

The size is for two things....one so you can find it easier and second if you place it on the ground next to the ball it can be used as a directional marker (this of course is illegal and never done by me) for lining up your shot. :laugh:

Anyway Toro or larger.

I used to smoke cheapies, usually torps or churchills. Now I like to smoke a better cigar. I usually take a Churchill. Either a Punch, RyJ or SLR for the most part. The way I play I might as well at least have a good cigar :p

Yeah, I sometimes play golf while having a cigar. The last couple of times I've had a Padron Magnum (Extremely Highly Recommended) and some machine made cubans to get that great Habanos flavor in a "I don't care if I lose it" price. Quinteros and Jose Piedras are what I've had. Magnum first, then the cubans.

A cigar is a must for me on the course it keeps me in tempo usually 2 on the front and 2 on the back depending on the round. AF 8-9-8 or a good bundle cigar in a churchill or double corona size.

Wam I have come to the conclusion you guys have an unfair advantage on the islands the weather was beautiful during the holidays. Warm weather golf is so much different the hacking a round in 40 degree weather......

BenjieV

Combining this:

golfgar said:
and second if you place it on the ground next to the ball it can be used as a directional marker

With this:

ricmac25 said:
a Padron Magnum (Extremely Highly Recommended)

Make it a maduro, and you have my golfing M.O. :whistling:

there has been nothing but winter precipitation here for the last week and it is relentlessly cold so there will probably be no golf for me for at least a few weeks. Maybe I'll take out a student loan and go to hawaii for spring break.

Last time out:

LGC R #5 Mad
Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote
CAO Brazilia Gol
Natural Pimp Stick

Shot 48 on the front and 43 on the back for a 91. Hit the lake going for it on a par 5, and skulled a 60 yard Lob wedge 80 past the hole into heavy rough. But, drove pretty well. Closed out with 27 puts.

Next time out:

(2) Cuban Cohiba Robusto
(4) Cuban Monty #2
(3) Cuban San Cristobal La Punta
(3) Cuban Vegas Robaina Unicos
(4) PSD4s

Am playing in a big manufacturers tournament with some of the guys on our coaching staff. We're all about bogey golf. Ought to be fun.

M. Gipson

gawntrail said:
Last time out:

LGC R #5 Mad
Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote
CAO Brazilia Gol
Natural Pimp Stick

Shot 48 on the front and 43 on the back for a 91. Hit the lake going for it on a par 5, and skulled a 60 yard Lob wedge 80 past the hole into heavy rough. But, drove pretty well. Closed out with 27 puts.

Next time out:

(2) Cuban Cohiba Robusto
(4) Cuban Monty #2
(3) Cuban San Cristobal La Punta
(3) Cuban Vegas Robaina Unicos
(4) PSD4s

Am playing in a big manufacturers tournament with some of the guys on our coaching staff. We're all about bogey golf. Ought to be fun.

M. Gipson
[snapback]157342[/snapback]​

nice lineup!Is it just me or would you rather shoot a 91 than a 90?

Usually have a Hansotia, Gurkha or CAO, always wait until the back nine. I like the anticipation and that way I decide that if the round is going well I can celebrate the golf and if the round is going not so well, I can celebrate the cigar.
Yesterday sucked as the wind was blowing 20-25mph, no cigar, and after starting par-par-bogey, the doubles started to creep in.

Gregor

benjiev said:
A cigar is a must for me on the course it keeps me in tempo usually 2 on the front and 2 on the back depending on the round. AF 8-9-8 or a good bundle cigar in a churchill or double corona size.

Wam I have come to the conclusion you guys have an unfair advantage on the islands the weather was beautiful during the holidays. Warm weather golf is so much different the hacking a round in 40 degree weather......

BenjieV
[snapback]157296[/snapback]​

I am spoiled I started to play after moving here
All I know is year round golf :D
I was going this afternoon ,but it's raining today
No work tomorrow I'll have to hope for dry weather :thumbs:

Bill

Back