• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Guitar Players?

@kann here are my builds this far. All Tele builds. The blackguard is my personal player and my first build. It’s got a warmth neck, but I made the body from white ash.

My second build is the whiskey barrel build. I made the body and neck from an old Jim Beam Barrel. The body was made from the lid and I epoxy coated the whole thing so that the top maintained the marking and the back is the charred, underside of the lids. The neck was made from 3 of the staves laminated together then shaped. What a pain.. great first neck build experience 😂

My fifth build is the white guard. One piece ash body and hard maple neck. This was my first neck build with this headstock design I came up with.

There’s a couple builds in between that were part of a collab with an artist that went sour. So I try to block them out of my mind 😂

My current build is near the stage of prepping the body and neck for finish work..

That is really impressive work, you must be pretty comfortable as a luthier to be doing full builds like that.

Wow, those are incredible! Each has its own vibe. I'm a sucker for a traditional natural ash Tele with black plastic or the OG butterscotch blonde. The whiskey barrel build is wild. What pickups do you put in them?
The Whiskey Barrel build actually had a set of custom made pickups by a fella named Jim Grandon that isn’t far from me.

My blackguard has 50s spec’s pickups from him as well.

The white guard has Dimarzio Twang Kings.

That is really impressive work, you must be pretty comfortable as a luthier to be doing full builds like that.
I don’t know that I’d say I’m comfortable with it 😂 I just always wanted a Tele and didn’t want to pay for one. And since I am good with my hands and like woodworking, I figured I’d just make one. Then I made another, and another. And each one gets a little more in depth and creative.

I can relate to that - I have debating for a bit between a tele or an SG of some sort for my next guitar but I also don't want to pay for one lol. I have not yet reached the mental deception where I *need* another guitar, but I'm sure we will get there.

I can relate to that - I have debating for a bit between a tele or an SG of some sort for my next guitar but I also don't want to pay for one lol. I have not yet reached the mental deception where I *need* another guitar, but I'm sure we will get there.
I hear ya! I honestly haven’t had a desire to own another guitar since I build my Tele a few years ago. I’m pretty minimalist when it comes to guitars.

Now, I want to build an acoustic soon. And that I will keep. At least the first one.

I haven't actually cracked a case in quite some time, unfortunately, but I sure do look at them a lot when I see guitars come up on my feeds and think, "I'd really love one of those...".

Here’s a look at the neck of my current build with some mineral spirits on it. It’s a scarf jointed maple neck with padauk fretboard and hand cut hard maple fret markers. Ready for frets!

Attachments

• IMG_9142.jpeg
    IMG_9142.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 8
Here’s a look at the neck of my current build with some mineral spirits on it. It’s a scarf jointed maple neck with padauk fretboard and hand cut hard maple fret markers. Ready for frets!
Beautiful!

(FYI, when you insert images, if you click on "Full" it will post the full-size pic and not just a thumb nail)

I'm liking this thread with twangs and frets etc. But a pug isn't a good guitar dog, but hell on 88 keys. Nice work Trevor, damn nice. WOOF approved.