• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Homebrewers Out There

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
One of my new hobbies is homebrewing. I am currently working on my third batch. I was wondering if there are any other homebrewers out there. I'd love to exchange some ideas, tips, etc.

Patrick

One of my new hobbies is homebrewing. I am currently working on my third batch. I was wondering if there are any other homebrewers out there. I'd love to exchange some ideas, tips, etc.

Patrick
Hey Patrick... Check this out

There are a few of us around here!!! I'm a brewing newbie as well. I have batch #4 in the secondary now!

:thumbs:

Homebrew cigars and cigarettes here. Don't touch the alcohol though. Smoking is my bad habit.

Hi Patrick,
I've been brewwing for about 15 years. Last year I started All Grain brewing and really love the savings. We usually brew high hop, high gravity beers such as IPA's and the like.

Welcome to homebrewing.

Mark

Another newbie to homebrewing. I've got my first two batches in the secondary and my third just went into the primary on Sunday.

What homebrew boards do you frequent?

I homebrew on occasion and the one that gets the friends and family begging for more is the beer beer and morebeer.com American IPA "kit" that I variate.

Just wish I had the time and space to do nonstop and larger batches.

Yep, I brew about 50 gallons of beer, wine and mead a year. Still kind of new at it so I don't have a fancy setup or anything, but everyone likes my booze so it works out.

I used to brew beer until last year. I moved and don’t have room in the new place. I did the malt extract recipes with partial grain never had enough room for full grain. Try to get a least a 6 galloon carboy you can get 2.5 cases 5 galloon you only get 1.75 cases. It is a lot of fun I miss it, but we have a lot of good beer in Colorado so I still drink plenty of good beer.
The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing by Charlie Papazian has a lot of good info.

Both of my neighbors have been brewing for years. Any questions I could always ask them.

Yep, I brew about 50 gallons of beer, wine and mead a year. Still kind of new at it so I don't have a fancy setup or anything, but everyone likes my booze so it works out.

Don't believe him, I don't think he really brews. ;)

Here's my taps:
Front2.JPG

Hello Patrick,
I've been brewing for a few years. I don't have a lot of room or time (and I'm lazy) so I still use canned wert from the home brew shop. I also use a lot of flavoring agents such as black grain, dark & light malt of both the dry & liquid variety and different flavored hops. I don't use that much hops as I like sweeter beers. The hops I use come in little 12 gram "tea-bag" style sachets that I just drop in the fermenter last thing before I put the lid on. Currently I've 2 on the go, a stout & a lager. The stout started off with "Irish stout" wert (in a can) to which I added dark & light malt, decocted black grain and "Goldings" hops. The lager is similarly constructed but without the grain or dark malt & has "Cascade" hops. I also brew cider & honey beer (mead ale). My 3 carved in stone home brewing rules are: #1 Make sure everything is clean & sterile. #2 Write down what & how much you use. #3 Always obey rule #1. It might sound stupid but I've seen more than 1 brew poured down the drain because it got infected through not being cleaned or sterilized properly. Never be afraid to ask questions. I hope this is helpful to you. All the best.

Liam

I do some homebrewing when i have time. My most recent batch was a doppelbock, it turned out quite nice. It would go perfect with a nice full bodied cigar. Nice setup with the taps pods8.

Happy brewing!

I've been making wine for a few years now and recenly got into beer as well. I've got a cellar in the basement and a kegerator on the back patio.

My current taps are running an Irish Red and a Special Bitter. Beer is simply better when you make it YOUR way.

Have fun!

I homebrew on occasion and the one that gets the friends and family begging for more is the beer beer and morebeer.com American IPA "kit" that I variate.

Just wish I had the time and space to do nonstop and larger batches.

I hear that. I live in an apartment and I'm sure you can imagine the difficulties that brings to hombrewing.

I haven't brewed in a while, time for an Oatmeal Stout...mmmm. If anyone has a good recipe, let me know.

Nice bump!
I'm drinking a Spiced Holiday Ale I brewed the first part of November... Damn good IMO!!! :love:

When I first opened my B&M, we had homebrew supplies. It was a hobby of mine also for several years. I haven't made a batch in about 4 years (funny how brewers take a hiatus when children are born!).

Anyhow, I have some recipe books that I'll probably never use again. I'll see if I can dig them up and post them here in a few days. Maybe a trade for a stick I haven't smoked before. Let me me see what I've got and post it here.

As the name of my store implies, we also sell over 300 micro and import beers, so if any member ever has a question about beer, please feel free to e-mail me or call. Info is in my profile, and #'s are on my website, too. Click Here.

Remember... "Don't worry. Relax. Have a Homebrew!"