• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any humidor strays...

BigFatDog

We have all done it...Walked out of the tobacconist with a pair or more of some cigar you wanted to try (or were talked into), then found out it wasn't for you. My friends and I call these strays.

Right now I've got:
2 RP The Edge Toro
1 RP The Edge Torpedo
2 Peterson (looks like a Corona)
2 Litto Gomez Chisel
2 Macanudo Vintage 1997 (looks like a Churchill)
1 stubby La Aurora (looks like a robusto but a little short)
2 Cohiba XV (looks like a churchill)

How about you?

edit: only 2 LG not 22

Those 97 Macs are considered good albeit, mild, cigars. The Edge aren't too bad either IMO. You'll have some decent stickss to pass out at a herf if you keep them.

These sticks will not go to waste. I just won't be the one smoking them, unless someone can tell me what I'm missing.

Would you say that the Macanudos would make a good early morning cigar? The Edge is a little too woody for me. The finish reminds me of 8th grade...the last time I stood over a wall mounted pencil sharpener. It was in english class...not a fond memory.

Interesting. I love the LG Chisel and the RP Edge -- both are nice, full flavor smokes. If you want to do a 5er trade for some of my favorites (just bought a couple of boxes) let me know.

As for strays, I don't have too many. If they are good quality sticks that I just don't care for, I put 'em in bombs or hand 'em out to friends who stop by and don't bring any cigars.

:D Another good question.
Here is my current list.
H.Upmann vintage camaroon
RP edge torp I recieved one in a traid and was unsure so I bought a few more and found out they are not for me.
Torano exodus silver
LGC Series R maduro

I hope I do not add to it. LOL
DarrenR

Mac Vintage are one of my favorites ... Last week I smoked a RP Edge Torp and I thought it was really good.

I love the edge,gomez's and the XV cohiba's.The cohiba is medium stregnth with full body,the flavor is out of this world.
The edge gets dull with age and the gomez only gets blanced after a year or two with no sweetness comeing through but some nice faint flavors....strong too.

Regular Fuentes,sungrown fuentes and Avo's dont do it for me anymore,except there le and anni lines.
Punch Rare corojo
Indian tabac cameroon's
Flor De Oliva naturals I lost interest in.
Ashton naturals
Most monte cristos and R&J's.
connies

We have all done it...Walked out of the tobacconist with a pair or more of some cigar you wanted to try (or were talked into), then found out it wasn't for you. My friends and I call these strays.

Right now I've got:
2 RP The Edge Toro
1 RP The Edge Torpedo
2 Peterson (looks like a Corona)
2 Litto Gomez Chisel
2 Macanudo Vintage 1997 (looks like a Churchill)
1 stubby La Aurora (looks like a robusto but a little short)
2 Cohiba XV (looks like a churchill)

How about you?

edit: only 2 LG not 22
these are really not that bad, pass them out to your friends, or send them to me for proper treatment. :cool:

Hell, start a pass! Call it humidor strays and everybody throw in the cigars you have and don't care for(no dog rockets, just don't care for)! You might end up with some stuff you like!

Great idea, I'll start a pass with them. I need to finish the SandBox pass first. I'm sure the collection of strays will grow over the next few weeks. I've got a few more golf days planned.

Fantastic idea for a pass. I know I, as well as many others, have cigars in the humi that just don't suit their tastes anymore. A pass of all these sticks would be a great chance to try some fairly nice cigars that other members have simply gotten bored with. "One man's trash in another man's treasure"

Great idea! How about "Trash to Treasure Pass". :p