• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Idea how this works?

I can't figure it out for the life of me. It is right everytime though.

Your number will always be a multiple of 9, and all the multiples of 9 are the same symbol.

I guess I should read the other post eh? DOH!

Hint:

Any two digit number minus the sum of the individual integers is a multiple of 9.

Mathematically:

Two digit integer from 10-99 = a
Let first integer of a = a1
Let second iteger of a = a2

a - (a1 + a2) = 9a1

Or, if you prefer:

a/a1 - (1 + a2/a1) = 9
a/a1 - a2/a1 = 10

Every symbol at a multiple of 9 is identical.

Edit: Should have read rest of thread. :laugh: :sign:

Edit2: Common sense that looks complex - from the last above equation:

a/a1 - a2/a1 = 10
Shows the obvious relationship:
a - a2 = 10a1 -------- (ie 25 - 5 = 10 x 2)

And I keep telling her .."geeks rule the world honey"...

Try telling that to the stereotypical untouchably-gorgeous girls that make up the "cool kids" in high school. Funny how being in that position skews your view on what matters the most.

I managed to balance the geek/social life dilemma in high school, so I managed to snag quite a few trophies back in the day :). In my opinion, being "too geeky" lands you in a pretty lonely place; I still know quite a few that are more focused on a book rather than any semblance of a relationship. Pretty sad.

funny thing is Jeff...most of those so called cool kids in high school struggle in the real world as they get older. I'll take a smart friend over a cool one any day .

funny thing is Jeff...most of those so called cool kids in high school struggle in the real world as they get older. I'll take a smart friend over a cool one any day .

You're in luck!!! We should be friends! I'm amazingly good looking, ridiculously intelligent, and cooler than the Fonz. Unfortunately, I'm deaf because I can't hear anything over the sound of how awesome I am.

:laugh: :sign: :laugh:

You're in luck!!! We should be friends! I'm amazingly good looking, ridiculously intelligent, and cooler than the Fonz. Unfortunately, I'm deaf because I can't hear anything over the sound of how awesome I am.

:laugh: :sign: :laugh:

Jeff...I'm sure you are good looking ( in your mind anyhow :laugh: ) very intelligent ( you've proven that)..but let me say this

No one is cooler than the Fonz...no one...ok maybe Clint Eastwood ..but that is it.

Thread jack off...

And I keep telling her .."geeks rule the world honey"...

Try telling that to the stereotypical untouchably-gorgeous girls that make up the "cool kids" in high school. Funny how being in that position skews your view on what matters the most.

I managed to balance the geek/social life dilemma in high school, so I managed to snag quite a few trophies back in the day :). In my opinion, being "too geeky" lands you in a pretty lonely place; I still know quite a few that are more focused on a book rather than any semblance of a relationship. Pretty sad.

Not surprisingly, most of the super "cool" kids ended up bagging my groceries at the local market until even now....no initiative or drive to better themselves. Hell, as long as they are happy, who am I to judge? :sign:

Err, someone shut off thread jacking above, so I'll say this: Regardless of knowing how it works, that thing is still creepy! I emailed it around work, haha! Good find.

It's sad but I had to ask my son how it works and after him doing it several times he came up with the 9 thing too, I just wanted to add I love the little laugh as it reveals the symbol "haaahaaahaaahaaaaaaa" :laugh: