• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any input on Carlos Toraño cigars

Genpitt

Anybody out there able to tell me a little about the Carlos Toraño "Casa Torano" cigars? Thanks Pete

The only Torano cigars I've enjoyed are the 1959 Exodus. Those were great, but were decent.

I really enjoyed the Casa Torano cigars I've smoked. Also, their 1916 line is very tasty.

I'm not sure how a cigar can be "...great, but [...] decent." though. Those seem to be mutually exclusive descriptions.

I've smoked about 10 different CT cigars over the past 18 mo and only found a small handful of them to be excellent. None were terrible, but some were rolled very tight which ruined the experience. The Casa Torano natural is pretty good, IMHO, as is the Exodous 1959. I find them comparable to Rocky Patel in many respects, with lots of blends and variety but only a few real gems.

The Casa Torano is a good cigar, but too mild for me in the natural version. The maduro is slightly better imo. The 1959, the 1959 50 yr, and the virtuoso are the ones I reach for more often. As always, YMMV.

I'm a Torano fan. My favorite is the Virtuoso. The Fortress is a good cigar if your smoking out on the golf course.

Only had the Torano Exodus 50 Years. It was a great smoke. One of their only good ones mostly because it is a B&M only cigar.

My favorite Torano is the Casa Torano maduro.

I've tried several others and find them to be quite good, but not
something to make my regular rotation.

The Casa Torano maduro is in my regular rotation. Come to think
of it, I need to replenish my box.

Chemyst :cool:

I'm on the other side of the masses here, I like the regular CT wrapped Casa Toranos. I still have a handful that I keep around for walking the dogs, mild, but good to revisit. Didn't care for the maduro version.

I do like others in their lineup, Virtuosos and 1916 cameroons are always good to me, even the Signature line. Good, affordable cigars with good construction.

I just got gifted a box of their newest release, The Single Region Serie Jalapa (I got the robusto size). They just got off the plane from Vegas and it was the second cigar of the night when i lit it, so I couldn't make out too much. Burned real straight and lots of smoke.