• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any insight as to what happened?

chubby

So I was at a bar this past weekend with my wife and friends. I happened to be smoking a Tat Verocu West and just got to the last third . I put the cigar down to go grab another beer and when I came back the cigar looked as if it had exploded. The wrapper became unraveld at the foot. Was it too dry or what? I had purchased it at the local B&M on Thursday and promptly put it in my humi. I have smoked others and never experienced this happen with any of my other cigars. Any thoughts?

Coriolis Force. It gets ya when you least expect it.

Doc.

Start a new account under a different name Mateo? :sign:

An anti-tobacco zealot came over and ground it out, slipping away in the darkness.

A---You can smoke in a bar?

B-- You walked away and left a good cigar unattended in a bar?

C-- Have you thoroughly questioned your wife?

You might find thishelpful.

To quote Grateful1, "Search is your friend." ;)

Hey now, the fella asked a legit question, and he got some funny answers. He ain't no mateo, that's for sure, and I am sure he knows search is his friend. ;)

I'm sure he does, that's why I provided him a link I found when I searched the topic. It only took a minute. :)

Just being a smartass while helping at the same time... :p

I think the culprit may be the corojo wrapper. DP's blue label did that to me before and also the black label figurado. I used to have them sitting at a higher humidity before, about 68%.

From what I've searched here before, Don Pepins stuff should be 60-65%. Maybe that Tat should be stored at the same humidity? I recently had a blue label churchill at 65% for a while and it smoked to the band without splitting.

All these cigars have corojo wrapper in common, maybe that's why it did that, just a little bit more humidity while at the store plus the humidity you added while smoking gave it all it needed to "bloom". OR, you could have gotten the extra tight one that a virgin rolled on their thighs :love: preferably female :laugh:

I think the culprit may be the corojo wrapper. DP's blue label did that to me before and also the black label figurado. I used to have them sitting at a higher humidity before, about 68%.

From what I've searched here before, Don Pepins stuff should be 60-65%. Maybe that Tat should be stored at the same humidity? I recently had a blue label churchill at 65% for a while and it smoked to the band without splitting.

All these cigars have corojo wrapper in common, maybe that's why it did that, just a little bit more humidity while at the store plus the humidity you added while smoking gave it all it needed to "bloom". OR, you could have gotten the extra tight one that a virgin rolled on their thighs
wub.gif
preferably female
laugh.gif

Don't hurt yourself!

wink.gif

Oh yea...blown up cigars happen.

All these cigars have corojo wrapper in common, maybe that's why it did that, just a little bit more humidity while at the store plus the humidity you added while smoking gave it all it needed to "bloom". OR, you could have gotten the extra tight one that a virgin rolled on their thighs
wub.gif
preferably female
laugh.gif

Don't hurt yourself!

wink.gif

Oh yea...blown up cigars happen.

:laugh: :laugh: It's when I don't think that things of an embarrassing nature happen to me, usually with the opposite sex. :D