• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any other coffee home roasters?

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
Does anyone else here roast their own coffee at home?

I was fortunate enough to receive a French Roast Plus from a special Santa this year and love it. Unbelievable how different this freshly roasted tastes and smells. Man, it's an incredible smell after sitting 24 hours. I'm just getting into it, but wanted to see if anyone else roasts at home.

I tend to buy wholesale from a roaster in Oregon. This year I picked up a nice home roasted treat from my CF Secret Santa....YUMMMMM!!!!

I am looking to pick up a nice roaster and some beans soon. I'll let ya know what I find out.

You and PuroMooch now have something in common. :thumbs:

He's gone high-tech though, he uses a popcorn popper :laugh: so he may be at a higher level than you.

You and PuroMooch now have something in common. :thumbs:

He's gone high-tech though, he uses a popcorn popper :laugh: so he may be at a higher level than you.

Get off my thread beeyotch, you don't drink coffee :laugh:

Fresh Roast 8 plus here as well!! Got your addy, get ready for the shakes brutha!! :cool:

I have been wanting to do this for a while and I actually just ordered the I-Roast 2 a few days ago. From everything I have read home roasted coffee is incredible.

Been reading up on this as well.

Looks like fun. May have to give it a try.

YEP. Nothing better than the smell and taste of fresh roaster coffee.

2 - Zack & Dani roasters
1 - Grindmaster grinder

Picked up the big grinder on Ebay for $180 shipped, after the $150 Solis Maestro PLUS crapped out on me. :(

This Beast will be my next upgrade. :p

I suppose that now's the time for me to mention that I have an in-law that works on a coffee plantation on the Big Island.

Nothing better than fresh roasted and ground coffee. I haven't bought coffee from a
store in about 5 yrs. now. Poppers and an I Roast2 here. You realize your friends
will now mooch your coffee as well as your cigars. You don't have to worry about
OCD until you have from 30-70 lbs. of "greenies " from different countries laying around
in burlap bags. :( :laugh:

I haven't roasted coffee at home but I remember some guy around here that is really into that stuff.

I think he goes by "Mr Jerry" or something :blush:

:laugh:

I haven't roasted coffee at home but I remember some guy around here that is really into that stuff.

Yup...I trust my bean roasting to Jerry :laugh:

What's a good popcorn popper for roasting coffee beans? Is this the cheapest method for roasting coffee?

This sounds interesting.

A popcorn popper is an excellent and economical introduction into home coffee roasting. They do need to be of a particular style, however. "Westbend" Popperys are considered ideal. I'd highly suggest checking out the SweetMarias website for further elaboration.

I went from the original Westbend Poppery to a Gene Cafe roaster. I grind with either a Baratza Virtuoso or a Zassenhaus 151MA handmill. I brew with a Technivorm Moccamaster CD drip maker, Bodum Chambord 1L press pot and an Aerobie AeroPress.

Coffee is yummy. Congrats on the purchase. An excellent forum to check out is coffeegeek. Coffebeancorral is another excellent source of green beans.

Enjoy

Nothing against Jerry or his beans, I've bought from him in the past. Just thought I'd ask around to see if anyone else roasts at home.

Nothing against Jerry or his beans, I've bought from him in the past. Just thought I'd ask around to see if anyone else roasts at home.

I'm keeping an eye on you bucko! ;)

A popcorn popper is an excellent and economical introduction into home coffee roasting. They do need to be of a particular style, however. "Westbend" Popperys are considered ideal. I'd highly suggest checking out the SweetMarias website for further elaboration.

I went from the original Westbend Poppery to a Gene Cafe roaster. I grind with either a Baratza Virtuoso or a Zassenhaus 151MA handmill. I brew with a Technivorm Moccamaster CD drip maker, Bodum Chambord 1L press pot and an Aerobie AeroPress.

Coffee is yummy. Congrats on the purchase. An excellent forum to check out is coffeegeek. Coffebeancorral is another excellent source of green beans.

Enjoy

Like this guy?

$30 doesn't seem to pricey to experiment with home roasting.

I'm keeping an eye on you bucko! ;)

LOL, I'm gonna start Bodacious Beans.........you better watch out!

:sign: