• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any other custom rollers out there?

Dave

Padilla Lanceros, yum yum!!
I'm curious if there are any other custom rollers out there that I haven't heard of, and if they are worth looking into.

So far, I only know of Taboada, La China, and of course Johnny.

Hamlet is pretty popular as well. I'm sure there are a lot more....

I have some Jose(sp) Cueto Salamones from a while back. They were great fresh, and I am hoping even better now that they have some age on them.

centurycigar just picked up a couple bundles of custom rolled that he posted about in his "cuba haul" thread, but I'm not sure who rolled them or any of the other details. The pics sure looked nice though!

A year ago Norma Fernandez Sastre (Behike Roller) was in Hong Kong and a friend of mine was generous enough to pick up a sublime size custom roll for me. I also had a custom roll from Yolanda. Top notch quality from both.

Tough to beat Johnny and his prices. I think all the other high end rollers like La China charge stupid money for their cigars.

Just bought some of Johnnys cigars.

Man they look as good as they smoke. He sends them lightning fast.

I agree, for the price they are hard to beat.

I have some Jose(sp) Cueto Salamones from a while back. They were great fresh, and I am hoping even better now that they have some age on them.

I thought his last rolled cigars was in 2004. Maybe I am wrong but that is what I was told.

I thought his last rolled cigars was in 2004. Maybe I am wrong but that is what I was told.

Curious to know as well.

Is anyone sure about this ??

No idea. I picked them up in 2005 or early 2006 I believe. They were purchased from a trusted member on CF.

Anyone have any information on this?

Even if they aren't Cueto (which I still do think they are), they are great smokes.

Nobody knows anything about Cueto custom rolls?

I picked up some robustos from him in April '06 at the LCDH at El Morro where he works. 4 CUC each. I didn't care for that particular blend- too grassy for my tastes. As far as I know, he is still there. Selection is limited there, not to mention small and touristy at times, so it's not a shop that I would go back to.

Tough to beat Johnny and his prices. I think all the other high end rollers like La China charge stupid money for their cigars.

They're only expensive if they're sold by a third party or through a vendor. Prices of all customs are regulated in Cuba so a salamone is 8CUC no matter which roller- that is, unless you can get a discount.

They're only expensive if they're sold by a third party or through a vendor. Prices of all customs are regulated in Cuba so a salamone is 8CUC no matter which roller- that is, unless you can get a discount.
Can't get any better that that price Bro!
I had a La China Diademas for $50.00 and Cueto (huevo, bigger than the salamones) for $50.00 also.
And He allowed to get just couple of each, no more than that,
He said so others can try it too.

Can't get any better that that price Bro!
I had a La China Diademas for $50.00 and Cueto (huevo, bigger than the salamones) for $50.00 also.
And He allowed to get just couple of each, no more than that,
He said so others can try it too.

$50.00 for a diademas?!?! That's a 5X markup. Somebody is making a lot of money and it isn't La China or Cueto.

reinaldo marevas...for me these are the best cuba has to offer.

you can have your 1000rg and foot long cigars...pc's are what i smoke.

when you go into villanueva...you ask for "fuerte fuerte fuerte"...then you go into where the lockers are(they have perhaps a thousand already rolled pc's)...they will take from a certain locker(stronger ones are in a lower locker).

extra strong reinaldo marevas = 1.70$ each

derrek :)