• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any rum aficionados?

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
@jfields brought this to my cabin in 2008 or 2009 and it has been there ever since; I brought it home to try. I think I read that this was made differently back then than it is now?

It has been through many years of -5 degree to 85 degree temperature swings and I am curious if it will still be any good? Was it ever good?

1615564568993.png

I'm looking to dabble, myself. (That sounds graphic). Was going to start with this Barrell release finished in bourbon barrels.

BTW this site has some sweet store picks. A 14 yr. Canadian rye too (think Whistle Pig)! Mash&Grape

1615566016930.png

Or this one finished in an MGP rye barrel 😍
1615566510199.png

Last edited:
@jfields brought this to my cabin in 2008 or 2009 and it has been there ever since; I brought it home to try. I think I read that this was made differently back then than it is now?

It has been through many years of -5 degree to 85 degree temperature swings and I am curious if it will still be any good? Was it ever good?

View attachment 40046
Have a newer bottle and it is ok but they add sugar and it taste like they do.

Have a newer bottle and it is ok but they add sugar and it taste like they do.
That's interesting because I remember the first night John brought this to my cabin. We sipped a bit and I went and got a can of coke and started to pour some in my glass and John freaked out "this is good sippin rum, you don't mix anything with it" I literally added two or three drops of coke and said I liked it. He tried it and looked at me and just said "fucker". :)

View attachment 40046
Zacapa is my top 2 Rums. But I don't really drink Rum and the other one is Bumbu. Sooo that's not saying a ton. Try and and see if its good.

It’s not a bad rum. I highly suggest diplomatico reserva and plantation xo

@CigarStone looks like you loved it back when
Damn! It sucks to get old! Now I wonder if that's actually the bottle John brought or if it's another one that I bought?o_O

The 16 year is quite good. Brought it to a friend's house and we nearly killed the whole thing in one sitting.

Wasn't aware they had a 16. Thought it was only 21 and 30. The 30 is absolutely delicious.