• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Shiner Bock drinkers here?

Mr Peat said:
I should be brewing another batch in December. I have an Altbier I need to do but I dont think I'm gonna peat smoke it. But then again, maybe I will. :D The one takes about 9 weeks and its ready to rock. I will need to be doing some soon cuz I will be taking some to Outlaw for the cigar events starting in March. OpusXKC can tell ya about my beers. :p
[snapback]254540[/snapback]​

Sounds great! I've been wanting to learn to brew my own beer, also. Oh, Santa?!? :D

Shiner is more in the mold of a dark lager SeanGAR than a Traditional bock. That being said, It was a hell of alot better than the other choices we had when I was stationed in El Paso... Lone Star anyone ???

Then I started working with the German Luftwaffe Air Defense school...

hawk27px.jpg

and good beer was no longer a problem lol those guys have C-130s fly in Beer and German food every week. I became a master barterer rather quickly :cool: It was also fun being used to German beer when I arrived in Germany and the guys in my Platoon decided to "Get the FNG drunk" lol that was a hangover from hell...

I knew that I should have kept my mouth shut about MrPeat and his beer. Now we will never hear the end ;) . I will say this, it is fantastic. It is smooth and tasty. You could probably get a bottle from him for a cigar or two :whistling: .

OpusXKC said:
I knew that I should have kept my mouth shut about MrPeat and his beer. Now we will never hear the end ;) . I will say this, it is fantastic. It is smooth and tasty. You could probably get a bottle from him for a cigar or two :whistling: .
[snapback]254681[/snapback]​

You already know I'm a Brew Guru. No reason to not stroke my ego a little. :D

OH please don't merge these two things with Peat. If we do, it will never end :cool: :D

LMFAO! :laugh:

Sorry, guys...cigars are one of my passions, and homebrewing is about to be one. I have just acquired some homebrew equipment. This could be extremely dangerous! ??? :0

If you ever have brewing questions just hit me or Peat with a PM. Many gallons of good beer have been made (and drank) by us.

I appreciate the offer. There is a good chance I will take you up on it! ;)

Here's you a quickie...are there any beers that are worthwhile to brew that can be ready to drink in a month? I have some folks coming in for Christmas and wouldn't mind having a batch ready by then. After that, I don't mind a batch taking a couple months or longer. I prefer dark ales (brown, nut brown), but also like porters, red ales, etc.

Irish Red Ale, Mild Brown Ale, and Wheat Beers are fast turn around Beers Shadman.

Thanks for the info. I picked up my equipment today. I've got a little research to do, and maybe the first brew will be next weekend! :thumbs:

ShadMan said:
Thanks for the info. I picked up my equipment today. I've got a little research to do, and maybe the first brew will be next weekend! :thumbs:
[snapback]255082[/snapback]​

Its really easy to brew. :thumbs:

Just saw this thread ... I'm currently living in Texas and I have a few Shiner Bocks once in a while. Not bad. I think St. Arnold beers (also made in Texas)are quite tasty as well. My favorite brew is Summitt Pale Ale from Minnesota. Now that's a fine beer. I wish I could get it here.

Shiner..

blech..

only if the other alternatives are bmc.

homebrew or microbrew for me.....

sigh

Yeah I enjoy a Shiner every now and then. I enjoy them even more now that the local restaurants are moving them to the "domestic" list. Cheap shiner.. mmmm.

The local tap in my tiny Wisconsin town recently put it on tap!!! One of my favorites. I love dark beers!!

Shiner is a great pub/bar beer and great for BBQs, crawfish boils, and tube-ing.

I had many a debt paid in college through the remuneration of Shiner. I agree that there are better dark beers out there, but if I was buying beer by the pitcher this would be my pick. I got so many good memories from splitting pitchers of Shiner with friends.

It seems where I live now, people aren't into the pitcher of beer thing, or maybe I grew out of it.

It was a hell of alot better than the other choices we had when I was stationed in El Paso... Lone Star anyone ???

Lone Star beer tastes pretty bad, but I got a friend in Japan who loves it. Says drinking it will be one of the first things he does when he gets home. That and Pearl are the definition of piss beer.

Texas though has a lot of great micro beers, my two favorite companies are the Real Ale Brewing Co. in Blanco, TX (Hill Country area) and the Independence Brewing Co. in Austin,TX. Independence makes one of the best brown ales I have ever had.