• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any thoughts on the Holy Lance maduro

MASSmoke

I have a chance to grab some of these. Anyone smoke them yet and if so what are your thoughts?

I really like the regular Holy Lance, so I can't imagine the maduros would suck. I would say to grab a couple, and see what YOU think of them.

I also really enjoy the Holy Lance. This guy wants to sell me 10. I will wait until I get some feedback before I pull the trigger. :)

I really like the regular Holy Lance, so I can't imagine the maduros would suck. I would say to grab a couple, and see what YOU think of them.
....this. I have a few of the regulars in the cabinet and really like them. You should buy some of the maduros and tell us what YOU think of them....:thumbs:

....this. I have a few of the regulars in the cabinet and really like them. You should buy some of the maduros and tell us what YOU think of them....:thumbs:

I also have some of the regulars. This is a 10er or none type of deal and I don't want 10 if they are not smoking well. So has anyone smoked any of these?

I also have some of the regulars. This is a 10er or none type of deal and I don't want 10 if they are not smoking well. So has anyone smoked any of these?

I can certainly understand that. Is he giving you a reasonable price on them?

Yes, Yum!

When I cracked the cab, it smelled like Copenhagen, but the cigar was smooth and silky. Sort of like a granola smoothie made with tobacco.

I can certainly understand that. Is he giving you a reasonable price on them?

$90 not a bad price but I really don't want to drop that kind of cash unless they are at least as good as the regular HL. There is not alot of reviews out there yet I have seen 1 or 2. I am just trying to get some other thoughts and just not reviews from some of those review sites. At times those review sites are hard to believe.

Yes, Yum!

When I cracked the cab, it smelled like Copenhagen, but the cigar was smooth and silky. Sort of like a granola smoothie made with tobacco.

LOL very good. I did read for a few months before joining. I know this term and it was used to describe a fake OR Anejo by some member. If you can't answer the question seriously then why bother? It was a serious question and I was hoping for a serious response.

Yes, Yum!

LOL very good. I did read for a few months before joining. I know this term and it was used to describe a fake OR Anejo by some member. If you can't answer the question seriously then why bother? It was a serious question and I was hoping for a serious response.

I answered both of your questions in the first sentence. With the exception of the last sentence, you got my opinion.

You're welcome.

Yes, Yum!

And you got a serious response followed by a bit of light hearted banter. Lighten up, Francis...

I'm sure a retailer here could get you two or three to try if you don't really want to spring for ten. I'm also sure you could recoup your costs on five of 'em, too, if it's a good deal, to members here, if they don't suit you. Let the remaining four rest for a while and see if they, or your tastes, change.

-John

Yes, Yum!

And you got a serious response followed by a bit of light hearted banter. Lighten up, Francis...

Thank you for the fine input. Enjoy your Sunday. I am sorry yes,yum! and smooth and silky don't do it for me. I was hoping for a little more detail about how the cigar smoked and the construction. I guess I didn't phrase the question well enough.

I'm sure a retailer here could get you two or three to try if you don't really want to spring for ten. I'm also sure you could recoup your costs on five of 'em, too, if it's a good deal, to members here, if they don't suit you. Let the remaining four rest for a while and see if they, or your tastes, change.

-John

John thank you for the response. I am just going to wait till there is more information on them from some other smokers. If they sound like good smokes I will ask some of the retailers here for some. At this point I think I will hold on to the $90. I never even thought about the retailers who are on this forum. Thanks for that tip. :)

That is kind of what I was feeling out with my earlier post. I know he hasn't been here long enough to post a sale, but I would have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and bought half from him, if he was unsatisfied with them since I can't find them around here anywhere. However, I certainly understand not wanting to commit $90 to a cigar that you don't know if you like or not. Not everyone is like me, just willing to spend money on every new cigar out there whether you know anything about them or not. :laugh:

Thanks guys. I have decided to hold off till there is more information available on them. :)

No matter what anybody says about this cigar, you have to smoke it to determine if you like what you are tasting. As far as burn and construction, the manufacturer is well known, and he knows how to make cigars. That said, you stil may get one that sucks.

Yes, Yum!

I answered both of your questions in the first sentence. With the exception of the last sentence, you got my opinion.

You're welcome.

Matt, some of us found it pretty entertaining and witty. :laugh:

Additionally MASSmoke, buying multiples of one cigar to determine if you will like them is typically a good play. The reason being, especially when they are from the same lot, you will be able to taste how the cigar will develop over time. Smoking it fresh, then say...one every few months...and even years later. Sometimes I find smoking cigars at different ages will result in a completely different experience for the same cigar. Thus, when buying to "try" I usually buy at least up to 5 of them (if possible and for the more readily available stogies) in order to get a long term judgment as to if I will like them.

:thumbs: