• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any thoughts on the TNT “Figurados-La Aurora Pref Alt?”

cuppajack

Saw a nice-looking deal on these over at TNT, and since the La Aurora #2 is number one on my “wishlist” I thought I’d give them a try.

But then I figured I’d ask over here first and see what the general sentiment was.

Also, I’ve read some conflicting reports about TNT Cigars service. What is the verdict? Are they a good source?

I tried one of these a couple days ago but it turned out to be way to wet still to smoke. The rest of the fiver are sitting for a spell. Smelled delicious pre-light though.

I had no problem with my one shippment from there. A couple fivers and a box of the H. Uppman Monarchs. Unsheathed all the monarchs from their tubes to check 'em out. most had a couple tiny spots of mold that cleaned off easily. only two had a significant amount. cleaned those off too. I don't know if TNT is to blame. It sounds like something common for losts of tubed sticks. (that's why I check 'em ;) )

TNT is my best friend in low places. I've not tried the La Aurora, but have run through many of the bundles. On one instance, it took them a week to fulfil an order. Other than that, no problems.

Tried one yesterday it was very good lit nice burned even and tasted great had a few different flavors. Plus at that price you can't beat it.

Broke down and ordered a 5er yesterday...

I'll post my thoughts once they land.

What exactly are these? I am a big fan of the La Aurora # Maduros, those in the Ruby tubes.

What exactly are these? I am a big fan of the La Aurora # Maduros, those in the Ruby tubes.

Well there called alternatives which usually means someone goes and try’s to reproduce a cigar and sell it for cheaper sometimes gars labeled alternatives are seconds, seconds are gars that didn’t ship because of quality issues for example a wrapper that’s not the right color, or blemishes. Seconds are the poor mans lobster basically. From the tough draw comments it might actually be a really wet alternative which since there cheap its not unusual or a second. Who knows? For the price I grabbed to 5ers of the maddies. Worst case scenario they’ll ok yard gars and still worth the price.

I smoked on on Friday, then Smoked a LA Ruby on Saturday.

The TNT stick was decent, but very "young:" a lot of distinct flavors and not a whole lot of "harmonies" or marriage of them. It was also a tad wet as I smoked it fresh off the UPS truck.

I imagine in 4-6 months these will be much more enjoyable.

The LA Ruby blew my socks off.

I smoked one of these about a week ago, that HectorTMC gifted me. (Thanks brotherx2 :) ) Hector said it was the No.1 Natural. I thought it was a very good smoke. Nice creamy flavor, no burn problems. It was good enough that I added a fiver to my next order from TNT. Never smoked the real La Aurora Pref, so no idea how they compare.

I've ordered from TNT about 4 times, and to date, I've had no problems. YMMV. It will be interesting to try their "Coming Soon" Padron Anniversary Alternatives.