• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any thoughts on the Upmann Anejados or Connie B's?

zeemanb

I'm looking to purchase a box of smokes to commemorate my 50th bday next month. Nothing too insane since I'm also purchasing a custom chef knife, but something a little different.

Upmanns and RyJ's seem to be heaviest in my rotation, with the Mag54's and Wide Churchills being the stars of my repeat purchases. For the moderately higher price point, I do love the Connie A's...so I'm wondering if I should pay the even higher premium on the B's or just stick with what I already know is great. Unlike NC's, I do enjoy the larger RG's on Cubans...the 6x54 size is a selling point.

Likewise, with the Upmann Robusto Anejados starting to pop up, unless someone can vouch for them I'm likely to either buy more of what I love for less money or take the leap on the recent production Sir Winstons.

Anyway, welcome to my Sunday night first world problems, lol. Any input on the smokes appreciated, as well as forecasts on current production Winnies.

I haven’t been seriously impressed with any of the Anjeados I’ve tried so far for the money.

That being said, I’ve only tried the Partagas and the Montecristo. Based on intuition, I’d go with the Connie’s if I was in your shoes and sit on them myself. That new vendor on here seems to let you buy boxes and singles so you don’t have to use restraint on that new box you just bought.

The Upmanns Anejados are a good cigar. That being said the premium you pay for them is too much. I've smoked a box of the Partagas which I like, but I got them when I went to Cuba. The price was very good. Like John said the new vendor sells singles, which is how I tried the Upmanns. Good luck with your choice!

The Connie B's aren't all that good.
I've smoked two or three, and they just don't taste as good as the Connie A's.

Just ordered a few singles of the B's and Sir Winstons to test out. From a vendor I've never used before, but their reviews sound like I'll actually receive cigars that may not be "H. Urpmanns" or something.

I have one of those cool boxes in my cabinet. The box is cool, the smokes are even better....

Lol, those are one of the few boxes I'll keep once they're empty and try to act like it's because my daughter might think it's cool to put her plastic jewelry in or something. But, being the little turncoat that she is, she turns her nose up at anything that has been in contact with a cigar with a "Ewww! That smells so bad!"

In lieu of one primo box I went with a few fivers and partial boxes of sticks in order to get some variety... Sir Winstons, Fundadores, PSE2's, Cohiba Coronas Especiales, and some of the Monte Linea 1935 Leyendas. At the slower rate I'm smoking, this will be better bang for the buck on stuff (other than the PSE2's which I ALWAYS have) that pains me to shell out for the full box.