• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any UM fans around these parts?

smokintexas

What have I gotton myself into?!
Both teams seem to be in a similar situation, overcoming disappointing seasons and trying to get back into NC contention. Of course, I'm going to say the edge goes to FSU in this game, primarily because of our offense. The entire offensive line is returning with a great line coach in Trickett teaching them. All of the coaches have said that Christian Ponder (QB) is the most improved player this offseason, and not only that but he wont have to look over his shoulder at all this season because he is the one, and only QB. The main weakness in our offense is at RB where we have talented, but inexperienced players, but I hope that the O-line can help them out. Mickey Andrews' defense has progressively gotten worse throughout the years and we lost a few key players to the draft last year, but the coaches are saying this might be the most talented group on D that we've had in some time so I guess we'll see.

Anywho, if there are any UM fans brave enough around here I'd like to put up 5 sticks for the game on 9/7.

Let's see who comes out of the woodwork.

I'll put a fiver up. I hate that this is first game of the year - both teams have always looked flat when they have opened the season against each other. Let hope it comes down to a FG attempt by FSU. :D

I'll put a fiver up. I hate that this is first game of the year - both teams have always looked flat when they have opened the season against each other. Let hope it comes down to a FG attempt by FSU. :D

I hate the fact that the first game is UM! I hated it when we did it a few years ago too! I guess everything just comes down to ratings. The one positive that comes is that no matter which team loses the loss wont have much of an affect on the team's season because it is so early. And there's not much I can say to the FG attempt comment, as we definitely deserve it..

I hate the fact that the first game is UM! I hated it when we did it a few years ago too! I guess everything just comes down to ratings. The one positive that comes is that no matter which team loses the loss wont have much of an affect on the team's season because it is so early. And there's not much I can say to the FG attempt comment, as we definitely deserve it..

Except after Miami plays FSU, their next three games are Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Oklahoma. :0

I'm a UM fan monday night :laugh:

I think UM takes this game, but not sure, FSU's line will be improved and Ponder is a decent enough QB.

Great game tonight.

I think I had five heart attacks in the final minute. :D

Wow! Great Game. I'm not a fan of either team, but it was an awesome game. I also admire that both teams have scheduled tough games at the beginning of the season. Kudos to both of them.

Silentjon, shoot me your addy and I'll try to have something out tomorrow for you

I think UM takes this game, but not sure, FSU's line will be improved and Ponder is a decent enough QB.

Ponder is very good, FSU's O is good, but not sure why they didn't stick w/ running the ball more. FSU's D needs a lot of work. FSU should have won that game.

Ponder is very good, FSU's O is good, but not sure why they didn't stick w/ running the ball more. FSU's D needs a lot of work. FSU should have won that game.

Mickey Andrews and Bobby Bowden need to retire as the game has clearly passed them both by.