• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any vodka drinkers out there?

I recently bought a bottle of Ruskova and was blown away by how smooth it was! It had no bite what so ever and has good flavor. It is now my go to vodka.

edited to add: It was only $16.99 for a 1.75liter to boot. :thumbs:

Belvedere is definitely my favorite vodka. In fact, it's the only vodka I will drink. You can keep all the rest

Imperia
3 Olives
Ciroc (before p.diddy put his name to it)

and a bottle I picked up in Hawaii called "Kai." Awesome stuff.

And local stuff is pretty decent too - Dripping Springs and Tito's.

Never understood the fascination with Grey Goose - that stuff tastes like piss.

I like a nice Three Olives Cheery vodka with a splash of Pepsi. My buddy introduced me to this last New Years eve, and was my drink of choice for last year's and this year's.

So far Three Olives Cheery vodka is the only vodka I have had. I usually put a splash of pepsi or coke in it. Though I have had it with redbull as well that is pretty good. Word to the wise though, do not order it with redbull in a bar as they will rape you for the redbull. Or at least they do around here, I ordered one when I was out one night and it was like $9 for one and a normal mixed drink is around $4. They charged $5 for the redbull alone.

I drink Vodka. First love is Single Malt Scotches and then the good ole Vodka. I don't mean this crap that is made from grain. I mean real Russian Vodka. I still have around a 1/2 bottle left which I am milking it till the next trip. Its like drinking water its so smooth. It really shocked me at the quality of if. Even the real Smirnoff in Russia is great. The version we get is like rubbing alcohol. I kick myself in the ass for not bringing back 2 bottles but my luggage was already at the weight capacity due to the UK standards. :sign:

Note to self: Get hands on real russian vodka. :)

Sidenote: I had some ciroc over the holidays. My buddy brought some over for a little get together and we proceeded to polish off the bottle that night betweent he two of us. Pretty damn good stuff, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.

He invited me and the wife over for dinner a couple weeks after that, so I picked up some Effen vodka to bring. It was just before xmas, and they still had the holiday packs. I grabbed the first "plain" one but it had a martini glass in it, and I knew it would go to waste. They had one with a shaker so I grabbed that. Turned out it was the black cherry flavor. At any rate, we mixed up some gimlets with it and I thought it was pretty damn good. I didn't know what to expect...lime and black cherrys doesn't sound like the end all be all...but I was pleasantly surprised.

I still stick by my regular three olives. The price point is right. The more expensive stuff is better....but imo not worth the extra dime. Especially for someone who mixes it primarily anyways.

I am a fan of Potato vodka. My favorite is Monopolowa, which is from Austria. It is a pretty unique tasting vodka, but seems impossible to find, as I've only been able to find it in FL. Glacier and Luksusowa are pretty good too.

Anyone familar with "Shakers" out of Minnesota? Its supposedly pretty good. A co-worker from our corporate headquaters in Minnetona, MN sent me a bottle this weekend. I have not tried it yet.

Wow, not a big fan of Smirnoff.

I personally prefer Grey Goose as I think it to be far smoother than most vodkas. Svedka is also amazing. Then again, I can't say I've tasted many vodkas.

Gone were the college freshman days when I could sink shots of Skyy/Absolut/Smirnoff without hesitation.

Being a Brit at heart (and an Asian of sorts), I prefer my gin and sake over vodka.

I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned:

Tanqeray Silver Vodka

Its cheap, good, but an inconsistent find. Definitely worth a try.

It doesnt get better than Tito's for the quality and price point.

Ya I love a good gimlet...roses lime juice is a must...I like Goose (my brother lives near the Goose distillery in France) but for lower shelf that is not bad at all Smirnoff triple distilled is really quite good...very smooth...cheers David

Thus far I've had Skyy (didn't prefer), Svedka (thought it was okay), Absolute (any time I smell orange juice I think of Absolute, drank way too much of it when I first got into drinking), Smirnoff (in mixed drinks you can't even tell the difference), and the only Vodka I've been able to sip on of these is Goose. The vodka's I've listed are the only I've tried but am interested in trying a few others that have been listed in this thread. My drink of choice the past few weeks has been Goose (always in the freezer) on the rocks with a splash of tonic and a squeeze of lime juice. Next time I make my way over to the liquor store I'll have to look at the available vodka.

Dripping Springs Texas Vodka . . . don't know how widely distributed it is just yet, but it's fine stuff.

Reyka, the Icelandic vodka, is excellent as well.

Absolut makes a terrific Bloody Mary or Screwdriver. I like its crisp edge for mixing.

Recently, however, my local liquor store had Three Olives Citrus on sale at $9.99 a bottle . . . and I stocked up! Since I usually drink vodka as a tonic and lime anyway, it seemed like a good deal, and it has been. Quite tasty.

I like Grey Goose for martinis. It's like drinking a cloud . . . a cold, icy cloud. Sooooo smooth.

~Boar

Reyka is produced by William Grant & Sons, Inc., the manufacturers of Glenfiddich and Balvenie :)

Michael

Do you know if the Dripping Springs is in Houston? If So I'll have to look for it when I go home again.

I like Boru. It's cheap, not as cheap as Barton, but tastes much better.

It has already been mentioned on this page, but Reyka is a very good vodka. I used to be a Ciroc and Goose guy when I have an occasional vodka drink, but since picking up some Reyka on the recommendation of another BOTL, it's all I've bought since.