• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Webmasters/designers here?

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
I am a director of a nonprofit with a website. Thought some guys here might be willing to take a look at my website I designed several years back using Dreamweaver.

It is pretty rough as it has been around before most had high speed internet so it lacks a lot of photos. I am still on copper so am under 56K as many in my area are so I have kept it "texty".

I am getting hints from some board members that they want it spruced up. I will tell you that I want to change the front photo, add photos throughout the site, and change the color scheme.

A basic question would be whether the flow chart is effective. (Front page then to 5-6 basic areas and deeper from there.

I had a board member say that it wasn't navigatable but I think it is rather simplistic in regard to the site map.

Anyways here is the link: Get Into Nature.com/Potawatomi Wildlife Park

Thanks for any input.

By the way this post reminds my of a DAVEWF's (DWF Computers) please design my logo, I'll sell you a computer to benefit me- post.

Far from the truth.

If your a NEWBEE than never mind. ancient history.

Gun, I just had my site redone by a web master that I got to know at the cigar shop. Check out my site at txknife.com and see what you think. I am very happy with the results.

For a basic site, I think it is ok. The flow is fine and it is navigateable. The only suggestion I have is on the "Newsletter" page, you have the Newsletter title as a link back to the home page. Also, in many parts you have large words underlined, PREVIOUS ISSUES as an example, that should not be underlined. An underlined word, especially one bigger than the regular text, are normally active links.

Other than those few small problems, I think it works fine. My opinion is as long as the links work, and the info that you want to get across is there, you don't need fancy graphics, frames etc.

To me it definetly looks pretty dated. The pages don't flow together, there is no navigation on any of the subpages, and there is a lack of any kind of substanative layout. Its not terrible though, the information is all accessable.

Personally I think if you really would like to do the work yourself you are better off plunking down the $50 or so on a professionally designed template at a place like Template Monster.

I think you should set up a header across the top and a navigation along the left side of the screen. The header and navigation should be the same on every page of the site. This helps the site feel more fluid and continuous. It also allows the user to jump to any part of the site from any page.

Your site has a lot of text. Try using a more eye-friendly font, like Helvetica or Tahoma. I'd also lower the text size one size or two. It looks like everything is in font-size of 3.

Some pages have the headers center aligned, and some are left aligned. I would make them all the same throughout the site.

Hope these suggestions give you a good start! Also, there are plenty of free-lance designers out there who would probably do your whole site for a very nominal fee. Check out some sites like http://www.getafreelancer.com/ to see what people are charging to do a project like yours. I can't see someone charging more than $50 to redesign the whole thing.

Good luck!