• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Yankee fans

LMFAO The past. Yeah, the past twelve years. The past? Joba The past? Hughes The past? Kennedy The past? Cano

Red Sox typical wishful thinking. Sure maybe one year the Yanks wont be in the post season. It could happen. You just WISH the Yankees would go away because we haunt you. Peel one layer off a Red Sox fan and he is as full of doubt as a Mets fan.

Okay Tom no need to cast stones on my beloved Mets! Leave your unrequited love for the Sawks where it belongs.

Okay, Tone, I take it back :laugh:

(even if it's true)

Just don't sing me a song about it at the next herf. My older brother the most rabid Yankee fan I know said all it would take for him to be happy was one win. I guess he is in nirvana for now!

Keep Hanging on to those past banners but, be very aware when you are watching these games you are officially witnessing the end of an era in NY.

With the loss of this series and the firing of Torre, the yanks will have lost any connection to their dominance in the 90's and will be left with an over priced aging team desperately seeking a new identity.

I love yankees fans who live in the past. The history and tradition of the franchise is absolutely something to be proud of and celebrate but, when it becomes this "consolation prize" that makes the failures of today justifiable and less important is quite pathetic and makes me laugh.

With that Said.... GO SOX!! :)
What the newbie is trying to say is, The Yankees Suck.

Doc.

Just like a Red SUX fan , long winded and thread jacking and says nothing worthwhile in the end. I guess when you need 68 years to have something to say, you learn to draw it out for all it is worth. DD I expect it form you, but this "newbie" is about as useless as the corn in the Angels poop.

First of you tard it was 86 years not 68. If you are going to try to make a point at least get your facts straight.

Just like a typical skanks fan; when they have nothing intelligent to reply with resort to personal attacks that even a pre-schooler would find immature.

Poop in corn? is that the best you've got? Grow up, you tool.

Have a good one talking about the good ole days while you are watching the sox and tribe!

You know what pal besides being a thread jacker you just a downright asshole. No go fuck yourself, and find a place where you may be appreciated, like assholes anonymous. This was a friendly bet between two mostly respected members(well Cigarstone for sure, me maybe not as much...lol), you then insert yourseff were you were neither invited or welcome, and start trouble. You grow up tool!!!!-

Good luck on become a long-term member here you are off to a grand start.

I dunno man, the yanks need to step it up if they want a shot at boston and their crazy pitching. Old man Stein is gonna kill someone (Torre unfortunately) if they don't make the series. Ill even give the yanks the benefit of the doubt though, world series yanks vs dbacks? 2002 repeat? At any rate its gonna be fun to watch!

LMFAO The past. Yeah, the past twelve years. The past? Joba The past? Hughes The past? Kennedy The past? Cano

Red Sox typical wishful thinking. Sure maybe one year the Yanks wont be in the post season. It could happen. You just WISH the Yankees would go away because we haunt you. Peel one layer off a Red Sox fan and he is as full of doubt as a Mets fan.

I'll give you they are starting to farm some decent prospects and the sox and yanks are BOTH finally smart enough to keep these types of guys around.

I was not saying the yanks were going to shrivel up and die,simply stating in my first post that this post season will signify the passing of the torch and the yanks of the 90's will have lost almost all connections with those great teams and the 2008 team will have to forge its own identity.

Joba < Paps
Hughes slight edge over Bucholz, Lester
Kennedy = clay, bard, masterson
Cano = Perdroia
Tabata may be equal to Ellsbury, I think ellsbury has an edge but, some will debate. Sox just have more depth at the minor league level both teams have much better top tier talent than they ever have.

FYI, I would prefer the yanks remain competitive there is nothing like the Sox / Yanks rivalry and I would prefer them both to battle each other tooth and nail until the better team is proven. I am not going to lie if the yanks fall on their faces, I do get pleasure out of that as well. But, all things eqaul I would prefer for the sox to eliminate the yanks themselves.

not being a prick I was just stating my opinion on the rumored torre firing and you jumped down my throat with some lamb juevenile response. I understand I am a noo-b but, I will defend myself when called out.

Keep Hanging on to those past banners but, be very aware when you are watching these games you are officially witnessing the end of an era in NY.

With the loss of this series and the firing of Torre, the yanks will have lost any connection to their dominance in the 90's and will be left with an over priced aging team desperately seeking a new identity.

I love yankees fans who live in the past. The history and tradition of the franchise is absolutely something to be proud of and celebrate but, when it becomes this "consolation prize" that makes the failures of today justifiable and less important is quite pathetic and makes me laugh.

Doc.

Just like a Red SUX fan , long winded and thread jacking and says nothing worthwhile in the end. I guess when you need 68 years to have something to say, you learn to draw it out for all it is worth. DD I expect it form you, but this "newbie" is about as useless as the corn in the Angels poop.

First of you tard it was 86 years not 68. If you are going to try to make a point at least get your facts straight.

Just like a typical skanks fan; when they have nothing intelligent to reply with resort to personal attacks that even a pre-schooler would find immature.

Have a good one talking about the good ole days while you are watching the sox and tribe!

You know what pal besides being a thread jacker you just a downright asshole. No go fuck yourself, and find a place where you may be appreciated, like assholes anonymous. This was a friendly bet between two mostly respected members(well Cigarstone for sure, me maybe not as much...lol), you then insert yourseff were you were neither invited or welcome, and start trouble. You grow up tool!!!!-

Seavita,

This was not an attempt to thread jack, read the thread, I had made a post about a potential future wager and let it be known that I was a sox fan. My next posting to which you were so offended was a direct response to Hudson who posted the following.

"Went double or nuthin on my bet with cigars with a buddy.
Go Yanks. Can you feel the envy. Every fan wishes their team was the Yankees.

Red Sox fans get back to us after another couple dozen championships, mmkay"

NO thread jacking intended, in fact I viewed it as banter between 2 fans. I did not see the harm in it. I realize that I am a newbie and am on a very short leash but, I did not see this as a thread jack and my 2nd reply was merely defending myself after being the subject of a very juvenile remark.

Thats the beauty of being a fan you get to debate with other teams fans. I see it as harmless debate.

There was no thread jack intended and as a sign of my goodwill, If you read the WHOLE thread and think that I was out of order and expalin to me what proper board etiquite would have been, Get me your address and I will send you a few sticks as reparations. I do not come to this board with any ill intent just the sharing of information and possibly some nice cigars. If I did anything out of line I apologize and we can chaulk it up to inexperience.

I do apologize if I offended any one or acted out of line.

not being a prick I was just stating my opinion on the rumored torre firing and you jumped down my throat with some lamb juevenile response. I understand I am a noo-b but, I will defend myself when called out.

Are you unfocused or am I just reading wrong? What lamb (i assume you misspelled lame) and juevenile (I assume you misspelled juvenile) response? Keep it up. Way to represent, lashing out, being rude (as opposed to jocular, good natured sports banter). I didn't call you out, I merely poked a hole in your assertion that the Yanks are in the past. Ruth, Scooter, Dimagg, Mantle, Donny, the string does go back to the past and the future also looks bright. Well, they are in the past as winners, as they will be in the future.

Any sports fan would be lucky to have a team so focused, an organization so intent in winning that they use every tool at their disposal and within the rules of the game to achieve the reason for playing----winning. I don't mind haters, though. It's like living in America and being hated by Luxembourg.

Ahhhhhhh crap........ :(

I hope Steinbrenner doesn't follow through with his statement that he'll fire Torre, the winningest manager in post season ever. I also hope that Clemens isn't done either. Even if you're not a Yankees fan, how can you NOT like the Rocket? A-Rod is a great player and the Yankees have MANY great players, Posada, Damon, Cano, Jeter, Matsui, Pettitte, Rivera and that's only the beginning.

I feel for ya Yankees' fans..... :(

Don't worry, you'll be back tearing up the AL before ya know it.

Oh, and the Red Sox are going to have their hands full with the Indians, that's for sure.

Doc.

Seavita,

This was not an attempt to thread jack, read the thread, I had made a post about a potential future wager and let it be known that I was a sox fan. My next posting to which you were so offended was a direct response to Hudson who posted the following.

NO thread jacking intended, in fact I viewed it as banter between 2 fans. I did not see the harm in it. I realize that I am a newbie and am on a very short leash but, I did not see this as a thread jack and my 2nd reply was merely defending myself after being the subject of a very juvenile remark.

Thats the beauty of being a fan you get to debate with other teams fans. I see it as harmless debate.

There was no thread jack intended and as a sign of my goodwill, If you read the WHOLE thread and think that I was out of order and expalin to me what proper board etiquite would have been, Get me your address and I will send you a few sticks as reparations. I do not come to this board with any ill intent just the sharing of information and possibly some nice cigars. If I did anything out of line I apologize and we can chaulk it up to inexperience.

Apology accepted no need to take it any further.l.......well anyway they had a good run.

CigarStone your eight are on the way just PM me your addy.

Go ROCKIES!!!! :sign:

Ahhhhhhh crap........ :(

I hope Steinbrenner doesn't follow through with his statement that he'll fire Torre, the winningest manager in post season ever. I also hope that Clemens isn't done either. Even if you're not a Yankees fan, how can you NOT like the Rocket? A-Rod is a great player and the Yankees have MANY great players, Posada, Damon, Cano, Jeter, Matsui, Pettitte, Rivera and that's only the beginning.

I feel for ya Yankees' fans..... :(

Don't worry, you'll be back tearing up the AL before ya know it.

Oh, and the Red Sox are going to have their hands full with the Indians, that's for sure.

I'm starting to think that we (the Yankees) are just a group of players, not an actual team. Look at all these incredible players we have, Then look at a team like the Diamondbacks.

Doc.

Seavita,

Apology accepted no need to take it any further.l.......well anyway they had a good run.

If I didn't hate the Yankees so much, I might feel for ya a little bit. :sign: :laugh:
Hate to say I told ya so....

Doc.

Seavita,

If I didn't hate the Yankees so much, I might feel for ya a little bit. :sign: :laugh:
Hate to say I told ya so....

Look what the cat dragged in.......

Now don't go s.....g your own d...ks yet, I hate the Indians now almost as much as the Red Sox but I don't think that after beating the Yankees they are just gonna lay down to a few good hitters like Manny and Papi.....like I said before GO Rockies

Not me, I don't hate. You gotta tip yer cap to the Injuns. How many days to pitchers and catchers? Just think--Yank rotation next year (perhaps) assuming getting rid of Moose and Rocket,

Pettitte
Wang
Kennedy
Chamberlain
Hughes

All home grown potential aces.

Doc.

Seavita,

Hey thanks but it's only seven cigars! I won 3 you won 1 so I net 2......................right?

The addy in the profile is good! Thanks for the fun and the laughs!

No way...where is the fun in that?? ;)

You get eight of mine I get one of yours.....I might just get something you have that I do not...

Seavita outdid himself with his payment of the wager!

An outstanding selection of cigars!

Thanks Vince!