• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anybody been to Aroma's in Jax, FL?

AdvAutoBob

No catchy member title yet...
I was in Jacksonville for a charity motorcycle event and found a place on Southside Blvd called "Aroma's". Quite nice, actually. The place was right across the street from my hotel (how convenient!), and the cigar selection was good, pricing was a little high, as is the norm for most cigar bars I've been in, but not overly so IMO. For example, they had Short Story's for $5.50 each (I know, a little over a buck over MSRP), compared to the "average" price of about $7.00 per stick in other places i've seen. I grabbed a 1926 #6 ($15.00!) and enjoyed the place with my riding partners.

The best part were the servers... the house uniform for the girls were tight leather corsets and shorts, with high leather boots. :0 (no pics...sorry!) The traffic in and out looked to be a bit on the high end of things as well. There was a "club room" that I saw, but I didn't get any information about it. Overall, a very good experience was enjoyed by all. I'd recommend it to any BOTL's to check out if ever in Jax.

Anybody else been here? opinions, etc.?

I can throw a rock from my front door and hit Aromas. My experiences there have been a little different, since I'm only 19 I feel like they don't want me there or that if I walk into the humi, I'm going to steal something. But other than that, the selection is pretty good and the prices aren't too bad if you aren't looking for anything rare. Of course Opus and Padron anni's are marked up quite a bit. The servers are very appealing to the eye. My girlfriends roomate is a server there and when she'd get home after work, she'd wreak of stale smoke it would fill the whole house. But if I'm ever in the mood for buying a single while I'm at my condo, i go there. But when I'm home in Orlando, i always go to Harry's Cigar and Brew.

I live in Fernandina Beach so when my wife wants to go to Jacksonville to shop I'll go with her and she will drop me off at Aromas. I will stay there as long as she wants to shop, have a few beers and smoke a cigar or two, read a book or watch sports while she shops. When she is finished she picks me up and we will go get something to eat then go to the movies. My kind of shopping :thumbs:

Oh yea the girls, hadn't really noticed them :whistling:

Anytime you folks in the Jacksonville area want to meet up for a smoke shoot my a PM.

Robby