• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anybody smoke alone?

I am smoking alone and at home mostly. I live alone and have a very retiring life (hermit like). All that being said, currenly my first wife is visiting me and doesn't mind my smoking, not that she would have any choice. :)

As I smoke I often reflect and get enjoyment, from thinking about the amount of human effort that went into making a hand made cigar especially (which is pretty much all I smoke and all are Cubans - eat your heart out :) ). From the farmers, to the pickers and the selectors and rollers and quality controllers and sorters at various time. I like to think that most also try to excel in what they do, and I am the lucky recipient of that crafty gift. :)

junkman_56 said:
Smoking a cigar by yourself is a very different experience then having a cigar with a buddy.
It is very relaxing and introspective… :thumbs:
[snapback]268803[/snapback]​

Exactly - that's why I like the times when I smoke alone. However, it's also fun to fire one up with a smoking buddy occasionally.

I mostly smoke alone here on my lanai( 4-6 cigars a day). I do get together with a few smoking buddies once a week, and also smoke a lot on the golf course.

The Master said:
I mostly smoke alone here on my lanai( 4-6 cigars a day). I do get together with a few smoking buddies once a week, and also smoke a lot on the golf course.
[snapback]269344[/snapback]​

god i hate you!! ;)

Smoking alone gives me time to relax from the daily stress and reflect on the way the cigar tastes and burns.

Smoking with one or more good friends gives us the opportunity to shoot the breeze and compare notes on the cigars we are enjoying. I like both :thumbs:

Most guys I know smoke alone more than 50% of the time. I myself either go to the local bar and find a corner where no one bothers me and enjoy a nice smoke and usually a Ginger ale or southern sweet tea unless I am not working then a nice stout or good wiskey. If the weather is good then outside. I work at a shop on the weekends so I have plenty of folks to smoke with then or there is a nice little shop very close I go and enjoy a smoke if I want the company.

I enjoy my cigars alone almost always. I am fairly new to the area and don't have a lot of people I would call "buddies" or "friends" here. The few people I spend any leisure time with treat me like a pariah when I light up. This area is VERY anti-smoking. (Actually it's pretty much anti-everything.)

I prefer to be alone while enjoying a cigar, anyway. It's time for me to reflect, recharge, and to acquaint myself with something new (or to comfort the day with an "old friend"). Being alone in the woods with a good smoke is like church for me. My sanctuary, if you will. Enjoying the "company" of a finely crafted, handmade cigar is one of the greatest pleasures in life. It allows one to put life's daily frustrations into perspective and washes away the stress and tension, at least for a few moments.

I would love to help my father-in-law get started in the hobby, but he has asthma. Lucky for him he has his wine collection.

Good day!

I end up smoking by myself most of the time. I can sometimes talk one of my neighbors into smoking one, but they usually just end up wasting it, so I don't do that often. Here's a pic of one I enjoyed by myself this summer in Cancun.

IMG_1255.JPG

Generally, i smoke alone. Our spare upstairs bedroom has been converted into my gun/computer/hobby/smoking room and is where i spend alot of my freetime. Occasionally ill have one while out shooting pool with friends, but for the most part, i smoke by myself...best way to relax IMO!!

When I was 1st married, I would always ask my wife to sit outside with me while I smoked. I thought it was a good for us to spend a little QT (quality time) each evening. I don't do this anymore thus I usually smoke alone. I figure we have plenty QT when we're eating dinner and watching TV before bed. Now I use my cigar time as a time for ME to relax, reflect and unwind. Believe me, it's better that way! :)

I'm seldom alone.

I have these little voices in my head all the time, and several split personalities that keep me company, whether I want them to or not. :whistling:

The last time I smoked a cigar "alone" I got into a discussion with myself, which is normal, (I talk to myself a lot) but the discussion turned into a heated debate, and I ended up losing. :angry2:

I lost my appetite for the Comacho, and tossed it into the garden. It caught some leaves on fire, which I then had to extinguish.

The leaves were about 75% humidity, and had strong cottonwood overtones, with a hint of aspen and catalpa. Very rancid finish, and a horrible "underfermented" aroma, if you can imagine that.

I'll never smoke with "him" again. Very unpleasant experience.

<Tumbleweed the duplicitous.>