• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anybody up for some fantasy baseball?

{tpc}

Professional Poker Tournament Loser
Bill Baker.....where are you? Do you want to try and do this again this year? I know cbs is not free like it was last year...so maybe this is out. Maybe theres another free service we could use?

If I had the coin I would gladly purchase the service, but its not in the cards and the foc isn't making it any easier either...if we do it early enough we could maybe all chip in?

Just trying to gauge interest for now I guess...

Yahoo has a pretty decent fantasy baseball system and it's free also.

Ok guys, I've set up a league. I would like to get 10 managers minimum for this. I've run a league like this with a minimum of 6 or more, but honestly, it becomes an all stud league, and its not as much fun. As for the rules, I'm uploading a pic here. Lets try and hammer this out soon...10 people minimum 12 max, date/time, entry fee...all that stuff.

So far, I've tentatively set a date for March 27th at 9:30 PM EST. I would guess a 5 stick entry fee, but what price? Suggestions? I'd also like to see the sticks in advance, but I will submit to the collective, if you all want to wait to the end thats fine because honestly, if you want to ruin your rep here for non-payment of a few sticks, thats your choice. Below is the pic of the league setup I've made: (the max games played and innings pitched need to be cut back...but I've yet to calculate whats likely a fair amount-discuss!)
gallery_7312_513_13149.jpg

Ok, so the current list of players are:

Myself
obmike
pembroke3355
DraXxus1549
MikeyB215

Thats 5. I think we need about 5 more. Theres a reasonable chance I may have to go to Apodoca for 2 weeks very soon, so I'd like to find some more owners sooner than later.

Aside from that, I'm thinking 5 stick fee of nothing less than $8 MSRP, paid in advance? Since I got my vino, I have space to spare in my desktop or tupperdor to house these, if
all are amicable to paying up front. Just makes it easier to pay out at the end.

The other issues are max games played, max innings pitched. I am assuming that max games played is per position, so I think that should be set to 162. As for innings pitched,
we have 5 starters and 2 relievers. I am thinking of moving that number to 1350 max. 5 starters at 200 innings (which I think it might be hard to have 5 guys who ptch that much)
would be 1000 innings. 2 relief guys at 1 inning per game (again probably a high number) would be 324. So I went a little higher than that. My thought is that you want to have
to think about not going over the max just to win one category so as to limit people from adding/dropping pitchers just to gain starts and IP.

I'm also intrigued by the weekly deadline. Anyones thoughts on this? I have it set to daily -today, but I know there were other options. I think the way its set now, you can make
changes daily every day, but that can be a bit rough. I'm thinking of moving it to more of a mon-sun type of thing, where you have to set your lineup by the first game monday, for
that entire week of games. what do you think?

Bumping this again. Looking for what you guys think of the post I made above this one, as well as a few more owners for teams.

Well we need to drum up some more owners for teams!

Bumping this up....c'mon folks, anyone else want to give it a go?

Well thats 6. I have a pm from another member here that has issue with the draft time, so I was thinking of moving it back to sometime around 10 pm on the same date. Does anyone have any issue with that? If not, that gives us 7, so we really need one more.

I'd actually like 3 more so we have 10, but I think 8 is the minimum needed. Anyone else here want to give it a shot?

Might be interested again. Here are my thoughts:

Add a Corner Infielder and drop the extra 1B.

Add a Middle Infielder.

Add an Outfielder.

Add two more pitchers to line up. Don't like having SP & RPs, would prefer to eliminate those designations.

Small league needs to have bigger starting rosters, otherwise like shooting fish in a barrel.

Love rotisserie, hate Weekly roster.

Can't draft that early on Saturday, 10 or 1030 works better for me(7-730 my time).

Thanks for the interest gregor22. That would give us 8. Anyone else have thoughts on his proposed changes?

My thoughts are this, I don't like your changes lol on pretty much all levels. The reason I set the league up this way, is to pretty much mimic a baseball team (to some extent). I hate having so many corner this, corner that, plus the normal designations like 1st, 2nd, ss, 3rd....and the like. I think it just lends to the confusion when drafting or setting lineups.

I do agree with one thing, smaller leagues can be like shooting fish in a barrel. I think I would be ok with adding a SP and a OF though, even though I don't want to. Or maybe just adding a few more bench spots, and taking away DL spots?

The league that billbaker ran last year was fun, but with so many players on a roster, it made it quite hard to do any kind of trading, because someone always had the market cornered on "corner infielders" because they could be played at multiple positions...stuff like that, and thats only two more teams than we are talking about.

I've never run a "free yahoo" league before, so I have no idea what we are in for. As for weekly rosters vs daily, at first I thought I liked daily, because I want to be able to change in players on a daily basis, but it really handstraps the folks that don't have that daily access. One of those being me, since my work blocks yahoo but not cbs. The way I used to run my leagues is you could swap in a player for another on any day, but those players were then locked in those spots for a week. Of course that was when I was paying $100 for cbs commish service, and I had full control of everything. Now they want something like $180....I can't swing that lol...hell I can't swing the $100 on my own anymore.

I'd like to hear what the other possible owners think though on the changes. Noone so far has said they didn't like the structure, but maybe they were being nice to me lol. I'll go with the collective though on any changes. Anybody?

My thoughts...

Drop the extra 1b.
Add a Utililty player (this allows you to get the 9th batter and you can play a DH)
Drop an OF.

That will give us the true representation of a baseball team. 9 Batters not 10. I like keeping the SP and RP.

Lets keep the discussion going. I've made some changes. I've added a utility player and 2 more bench spots. I've set the games played to 162 and innings pitched to 1350. I've moved the time back to 10:30 EST on sat march 27th. I've also set the weekly deadline to weekly on monday. I would suggest we leave it at this. We are aren't going to agree on the settings for various reasons, so at least think about it.

I'm leaving for apodoca tommorrow, and won't be back on till sunday night. Not sure what my computer access will be till then, so hopefully we can get the necessary folks to commit while i'm gone, and hammer out any changes (if you guys want to go that route) as well. If we can't get it figured out by then, I don't think we can have a league.

gallery_7312_513_128549.jpg

This is cancelled. I've sent those interested a pm. We tried!