• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone chew cigars?

tdog

I have an uncle who chews cigars. I would like to get him some that will blow him away. Anyone chew them and can recommend a good chewing cigar for me to get him.

Here try these:
Bubble20Gum20Cigars-vi.jpg

tdog said:
I have an uncle who chews cigars. I would like to get him some that will blow him away. Anyone chew them and can recommend a good chewing cigar for me to get him.
[snapback]289230[/snapback]​

You are kidding, right? ???

ML237 said:
tdog said:

[snapback]289252[/snapback]​

I never chewed tabacco, but supposedly cigars are made with much higher quality, and better blends off tabacco that offer the most flavor for the discerning chewer, or so claimed my old boss who would chew on 5-10 dollar cigars

Qualls07 said:
ML237 said:
tdog said:

[snapback]289252[/snapback]​

I never chewed tabacco, but supposedly cigars are made with much higher quality, and better blends off tabacco that offer the most flavor for the discerning chewer, or so claimed my old boss who would chew on 5-10 dollar cigars
[snapback]289259[/snapback]​

I see, thank you for the education. I am quite partial to smoking them. :laugh:

Well I guess you live and learn something new everyday.

I know a couple people that simply hold cigars in their mouths and gnaw on them for hours. That was the last time I gifted one to them, btw....

Since most of the taste we (as smokers) percieve come from the heat and smoke, it'd be quite tough to say what would taste good as chew. That being said, I'd tell ya to go with a sun grown wrapper...

I've heard that CT broadleaf works well for a chewed cigar. I have a relative that used to only chew cigars...hasn't lit one in years.
he chewed cheap cigars, though.

I have several customers who do this. Generally the consensus for "chewers" is a strong cigar i.e. joya de nic. and la gloria series R.

The other one most purchased, and i hate to say it, is acid kuba kuba.
One guy that comes in loves the acid line to chew on, but since he chews them he says he prefers the bigger ring cigars, thus the kuba, and the joya gran consul.

Another favorite of his is the CAO Italia.

I chew them, after they are down to about 2/3 inches, or if they have gone out and I don't have a match or torch ;)

Love the RP Edge

They actually make "chewing cigars" but like Qualls said it is generally from lesser quality tobacco and wrappers and are much cheaper.

tjm5019 said:
backwoods???
[snapback]289263[/snapback]​

Not sure what you mean (or maybe I do), are you referring to a brandname? LMK

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll post what he likes after I get him a sampler.

tdog said:
They actually make "chewing cigars" but like Qualls said it is generally from lesser quality tobacco and wrappers and are much cheaper.

tjm5019 said:
backwoods???
[snapback]289263[/snapback]​

Not sure what you mean (or maybe I do), are you referring to a brandname? LMK

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll post what he likes after I get him a sampler.
[snapback]289649[/snapback]​

Yep, brand name. I think they are Cheroots or something like that if I am not misstaken...Come in a sealed pouch like chewing tobacco.

My uncle Huffy - a jazz sax player from "the days" used to chew "el maco" cigars by the dozens. Black as night those cigars were, I tells you.

I gotta say I've learned something today. I had no idea people actually chewed cigars. Much less that there were cigars made for this. I thought thats what chewing tobacco was for.

I worked with a guy who chewed cigars. Actually, it was more like he ate them. There was never anything left. I gifted him a RP Sungrown one day, and he loved it. Then I told him the price and he almost keeled over. He normally chewed some swisher product because he liked the sweet taste.

n