• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

anyone familar with Zino Platinums?

vintageafficianado

Reaction score
I saw this in a cigar store the other day and I could have sworn just about everyone in line had one in their hand except me. Has anyone had one of these?

These are pretty pricey, but if you have not had one I would recommend a try, if you cna afford it. These are some of the best constructed cigars on the market in recent years. The flavor is great for a non-Havana cigar and the burn is remarkably slow and smooth. The chubby, which is about a robusto sized perfecto, can smoke almost twice as long as any other robusto I've had recently. While I wouldn't break the bank to buy as many as I could find, they were a unique experience.

vintageafficianado said:
..... just about everyone in line had one in their hand except me.
Geez ??? You must shop at a pretty upscale shop. The one I frequest is by far the most ritzy for 50 miles and I've never seen any one buy a single one.

However, the guy in front of me in line's total came to $894 :0 My total was $5.23 LOL - 1 CAO MX2

Cheers,
Dixie

I just had a Zino Scepter: Grand Master

The construction and burn were awesome, so was the light. The ash however was very flakey. I would consider it a mild cigar, it smelled nice also. Lasted about an hour, I did not nub it. I also picked up a Zino Chubby, and a Lowrider. I would be willing to trade these with someone if they want as I like cigars with more flavor, it seemed somewhat like a Dunhill.

When I am posting more often and get a real internet connection I will post a trade offer. It is a cigar worth checking out.

Sounds like a low impact Avo to me. If you like a mild/medium well constructed consistent smoke, Avo is ALWAYS the way to go. Kelner doesn't allow a bad cigar.

The Platinums are very good, not worth the price except to try at least once. I agree that the "Chubby" is the way to go of the three. Not strong, but loads of flavor!

I was not overly impressed with the Scepter series, milder, as has been said. I also agree that if you want to go with one of the Kelner products, Avo is the place to start. Another good choice would be the Griffin Fuerte, if you want a stronger smoke!