• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone familiar with Blu-Ray?

They key for any BlueRay disc player is that it has upgradable firmware. BlueRay is an evolving standard; you want something that can be upgraded to sync with it. Ideally something easily upgradable, such as the units with built in wifi that can join your local wireless network to automatically download firmware updates.

A while ago when I was trying to decide between and Xbox 360 and a PS3, I decided on the PS3.. the feature that tipped the scale to the PS3 was the included high-def player. I didn't plan for it to be just a Blu-Ray player, but I'm glad I went with the PS3 since it's more than just a gaming unit, and a movie player. The (upgradeable) hard drive makes it well worth it since it's a home entertainment unit. I've got a ton of MP3s stored on it as well.

Just an update. Saw this deal online yesterday and made the purchase.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4795794&CatId=4675

I've looked at this model numerous times before at around the $200 range. It is one of the lower end Samsung models but it gets some decent reviews and should be just fine for what I need. Pretty good deal if anyone else is looking...

That is a very good price. Nice score.