• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone had the new Montecristo?

Tony Bones

Grundalier
Seems there's a new size. Wondering if anyone has had it and can recall what it's called?

http://www.habanos.com/edmundo.asp

Interesting blurb.. Supposedly The Count Of Monte Cristo was popular reading among Cuban cigar factory workers, and thats why they created the Montecristo brand.. Edmundo is homage to Edmond Dantes, the main character.

And no, I haven't had it. Maybe this is a good candidate for a box split. I'd be in.

Yep, the Edmundo is 5 1/4 x 52 which is a completely new size.

They released them only about a month ago.

You can count me out on a box split :0

I haven't had one myself though I do have some :sneaky: Early returns are not good but what else would you expect from such a young Havana?

I too have heard that these Montes are not ready to be smoked. Not that it means don't buy them. LOL... Just don't smoke them until you hear someone go ga-ga over them.

Emo

$95 for a five pack! By the time they are smokable you'll be able to get a box for $200.

La Guava celebrates arrival of new Cuban cigars

By Leila Hatoum
Special to The Daily Star
Monday, July 12, 2004

RMEILEH: To mark the arrival of the new and long-awaited Edmundo cigar from Monte Cristo, an extravagant dinner was held at the La Guava beach resort in Rmeileh on July 2.

"The international launching of the Edmundo was appointed to three big cities around the world: Paris, Milan and Beirut," said Mohammed Zeidan, president of the Phoenicia company, the exclusive distributor of the Cuban cigar in Lebanon. "It was named Edmundo after the main character in the 'The Count of Monte Cristo.'

The event, featuring on-the-spot Cuban cigar rolling and a variety of live entertainment, attracted the elite of Lebanese society, along with a number of Lebanese officials.

President of Habanos S.A. Fernando Dominguez, his vice-presidents Manuel Garcia and Javier Terez, and around 30 cigar distributors from around the world also attended the lavish celebrations.

http://dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?editio...article_id=6171