• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone have an Igloo 152 qt. MaxCold?

wb1948

I bought a 152 qt. Igloo MaxCold from Academy today for 59.99. Felt like it was a good deal. The only problem is the slit(dividers) only come up about 7.5 inches. The total depth is about 14-15 inches. This creates a lot of problems for designing the shelves. Has anyone else used this cooler?

I am debating on whether to take it back or not. I am not even sure where the receit is. Is this a problem that can be fixed? I was thinking about using spanish cedar shelves and using some type of adhesive that would not damage the cigars to glue(and wedge) them in there. I don't want to have to deal with wobblely(spelling?) shelves that slant forward. Let me know what you would do.

Oh ya, why do people say not to use bleach but the Sticky does?

I think bleach leaves a residual odor. I prefer to use a concentrated soulution of baking soda.

Doc.

Dont use straight bleach. A diluted solution works, But if there is no odor in the cooler, then there is no need for bleach........

I used closet shelving in mine,Just screwed the brackets to the side and installed the shelving just as you would on wall.Works great and adjustable too.

I think I am going to return the cooler. The way the slits are designed is not practical for me to deal with. It will take too much of my time to figure out how to put shelves in. BE AWARE OF THIS IF YOU BUY THIS COOLER. This is the cooler that my Costco in Austin sells, and as I said earlier I bought it at Academy. I would advise people to stay away if they are looking for a simple job. Another thing about this cooler, it is tapered (The widths from one side to the other gets smaller and smaller as it gets closer to the bottom of the cooler). Just my opinion, I am a newbie.

Oh ya, I think I will just start small. But don't worry, I am not going to go out and buy a small cooler just to buy a bigger one in three months. I found this old Coleman out in my garage, seems to have a really tight seal, and has two slits that run from the bottom to top. What if I used the Coolerdor for boxes and kept my Cuban Crafter humidor for singles? Is this common, or should I just all out convert to the Cooler ways. (nice pun, hu?)

Before I moved my collection into a cabinet, I used my two desktops for single storage and stacked my boxes in the cooler. I contemplated the idea of fabricating shelves as well, but in the long run was much happier keeping things simple and just stacking the boxes in there neatly.

I would keep the cooler you bought, it’ll will provide more than enough room (at least for a while, anyway) Even if you buy the biggest cooler you can find, you’ll quickly find yourself buying yet another, and another, and another…well you get the idea. :)

Only problem is next year I have to live in a dorm. As ya'll probably well know, there isn't very much room in freshman dorms. I just don't thank that baby will fit. Plus I play football and I try to keep my hobby on the down low. I don't want to have this huge as cooler taking up half my space just for cigars. If this wasn't the case, I would make the 152 work.

wb1948 said:
Only problem is next year I have to live in a dorm. As ya'll probably well know, there isn't very much room in freshman dorms. I just don't thank that baby will fit. Plus I play football and I try to keep my hobby on the down low. I don't want to have this huge as cooler taking up half my space just for cigars. If this wasn't the case, I would make the 152 work.
[snapback]288647[/snapback]​

Might want to go with a decent footlocker type then. Something you can stick in the back of the closet, and lock so nothing "disappears".

I got one of these not too long ago, and it kicks ass (and it's now selling for $30 less than I paid!).

IgwanaRob said:
wb1948 said:
Only problem is next year I have to live in a dorm.  As ya'll probably well know, there isn't very much room in freshman dorms.  I just don't thank that baby will fit.  Plus I play football and I try to keep my hobby on the down low.  I don't want to have this huge as cooler taking up half my space just for cigars.  If this wasn't the case, I would make the 152 work.

Might want to go with a decent footlocker type then. Something you can stick in the back of the closet, and lock so nothing "disappears".

I got one of these not too long ago, and it kicks ass (and it's now selling for $30 less than I paid!).
[snapback]288695[/snapback]​

I second the Vickburg. :thumbs:

IgwanaRob said:
wb1948 said:
Only problem is next year I have to live in a dorm.  As ya'll probably well know, there isn't very much room in freshman dorms.  I just don't thank that baby will fit.  Plus I play football and I try to keep my hobby on the down low.  I don't want to have this huge as cooler taking up half my space just for cigars.  If this wasn't the case, I would make the 152 work.

[snapback]288695[/snapback]​

Wow that is a great suggestion. And the seals on it are all good? It is the perfect size for me as far as storage for the next four years. I am really going to look into that, once again, thanks a ton.