• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone have any homemade motorcycle humidor ideas?

You folks suggesting round storage containers plainly never packed on a motorcycle.
I thought maybe he had saddle bags but since I live on an island, you could just light a double corona and see the damn thing in one afternoon on a motorcycle. :laugh:

Packing on a bike is like a clown car. There is way more packed that can fit and the constant shuffling of gear based on the riding conditions makes it very difficult to protect you sticks. Leathers in the morning, rain gear, long sleeves, tee shirt back to leathers. With all this shuffling of gear your sticks will get damaged in baggies. I do on average 15k a year and have destroyed my share of cigars during those travels. Good luck and safe travels.

Well dang. Too bad I just joined this forum and did not see this earlier. You've probably already gone and returned. Anyways, here goes...

Forget about baggies. Anyone suggesting that has obviously no clue how tight crap gets packed on a motorcycle camping trip, much less how hard it gets jostled around.

My favorite stowage is those black plastic cigar tubes they sell for like three bucks. They seal hermetically to keep a stick perfectly conditioned, they adjust to different length sticks, and they are absolutely crush proof. I keep six or eight around... enough to easily see me through a typical camping trip.

I have also had good luck with a short straight sided bicycle water bottle. Seals reasonably tight, holds about eight or ten.

bomblets.png

Last time I camped, I put together a Johnny Sotweedseed project. Went to the dollar store, scored a half dozen of those chocolate cookies in a can, like you see above. Each can holds six cigars, a punch, a box of matches. Sealed each one up with yellow electrical tape signed "Johnny Sotweedseed". Great fun dropping bombs on unsuspecting fellow campers. And the cookies were good, too.

I ride a 2007 KLR when camping. What's your mount of choice?
marylandoverlook.jpg

I know this is an old thread but in case someone is looking into the subject I am putting in my 2 cents worth. I hit the dollar store for 6 camping toothbrush tubes. They fit into tight places. Use cotton balls in the ends as padding and tinder. I found tin tubos tend to dent.