• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone have any info on climmax order shipping?

Tempus Thales

I have read the many posts about Climmax beads and Vern and what a stand up guy he is.

I was just wondering what the normal time frame is for receiving an order.

I put in and order on June 10th and then sent an email just asking for an update on the 17th and have not received a response as of yet.

I have an order for some smokes coming and hope to participate in a Newbie Sampler. I have prepared my cooler for use and calibrated an R S hygrometer. I have read about using the floral blocks for humidity control so I guess I can do that until I get the beads.

Being very new to this I'm not making any judgments, just wondering since I have also seen a few posts about late or lengthy orders.

Also my WallyWorld has a floral block that says it is treated with fertilizers, is this normal? Should I look elsewhere for some without chemicals of any kind?

Tempus.

I know I might get some flack for this from some FOGs but I ordered my beads from Vern and would never do it again. He never answered any e-mails or PMs. The times that I called on the phone (3x) he told me they were ready for shipment. Took over 1 month for them to come and I still don't think they work to well. I would cancel that order and order from that other guy.

I know everyone says he has had some health issues lately but if he can't fill his orders he shouldn't take orders.

BK - No one will give you any flack for stating your experience. In fact, the way you presentd the facts should be a lesson to others when stating unsatisfactory service from a vendor. Very well stated and obvious you more than gave him a chance to "take care of you".

Yes, many of us that have been around here for some time consider Vern a personal friend. As for his business record..... over the pass year it seems to be hit and miss IMO and unfortunately mostly miss as of late. This is very out of character for Vern and I'm sad to see it. I will not speculate what the problem is but agree with your advice at the moment.

No flack from me Tommy. I've always had good dealings with Climmax until my most recent order which took over a month for me to receive my beads. I hope Vern at Climmax can get the ship back on the right course because up until recently, he was a pleasure to do businss with

I got mine from Heartfelt Industries. It took 3 days to get to me after order was placed. However, Heartfelt is in the process of moving. So, I don't think they are currently taking orders.

Good luck on your beads.

Ree

Mine are from Heartfelt. I got them in less than a week, and that's over the Atlantic ocean :thumbs:

Climmax and my employer are both in the PDX metro area. I'd originally ordered a digital hygro from Vern over the web. He called me back about two hours later to tell me that he was out of stock. We both agreed to cancel the order and that I'd re-order later. Since then, I'd e-mailed Vern twice about doing a local pick-up....with no answer. Even if he'd have said "we can only ship" I'd have said "OK". But - no reply of any kind.....

Heartfelt took care of me very quickly (e-mail reply on my order next day - beads within a week), no issues, so that's where my beads came from.

Not sure what's up with Vern....:whistling: Truth is, I really prefer to do business with local folks, but the lack of response made me look elsewhere.

FWIW - B.B.S.

Edit - ...what the heck? Climmax's web page redirects to fujipub.com cigar page...??

Edit V 2.0 - Understand, I've got no "rocks to throw" at Vern.....just relating my experiences.

BkCloud114 said:
I know I might get some flack for this from some FOGs
[snapback]195129[/snapback]​

coventrycat86 said:
No flack from me Tommy.
[snapback]195136[/snapback]​

Oh Great! Now CC thinks he's an FOG :0

:whistling:

j/k :blush:

:laugh: ;)

Thanks for all the responses, very interesting.

I had seen the many postings about Heartfelt Industries and have been to the website to see the moving notice. Bad timing on my part huh?

I Think I may put in an order there as well and see what happens.

I would be willing to wait it I had just received a reply from Climax, this way you just don’t know what’s going on.

If there are indeed health issues involved than that is a totally different matter, I had missed that in the threads somehow.

Anyone have an answer on the treated floral block? I will have to use this while I get this sorted out.

Thanks again for the follow-ups it is appreciated.

Tempus

well if there is a problem with getting the beads,
I guess I can start to offer some crystals that I manufacture for my own use.
I have them currently targeted at 65% RH.

They are similar to those you find in those little tubes for $9.95 in cigar stores.

I don't have a price point yet for here.. on ebay I sell cigar sized tubes for basically $3 to $4 each plus shipping..

If there is an interest, speak up

Without the tubes, my actual cost to produce is just shy of $21/500ML
I use only USP or CP grade materials.
It would be cheaper if I used technical grade materials but as I was making them originally for my private stash, I never really considered the cost.

options other than tubes are available, such as small "tupperware or rubbermaid" type containers.

fllbrent said:
BkCloud114 said:
I know I might get some flack for this from some FOGs
[snapback]195129[/snapback]​

coventrycat86 said:
No flack from me Tommy.
[snapback]195136[/snapback]​

Oh Great! Now CC thinks he's an FOG :0

:whistling:

j/k :blush:

:laugh: ;)
[snapback]195354[/snapback]​

Ah, point well taken, I had no business replying to this thread I mean c'mon look at my "member title" :laugh:

I promise I'll be more carefuller in da future :sign:

Maltman I would be interested in some beads. I have a new large coolidor and would be interested setting that up right. Have no idea how much beads I need for 150 quart coolidor? It's on the empty side but I'm hoping to fix that problem over the next couple of months. :whistling:

Tempus Id stear clear of the treated foam. Id be afraid it would give off an odor when wet.

You have a couple options depending on what you have available in you driving distance area.

Go to a craft store and get some wet floral foam and some glycol from the drug store. If you dont have one nearby maybe go to a florist and ask about buying a small chucnk from them.

You could also go to HD or Lowes and get some of the moisture crystals they sell in the potted plant section to get you by until the beads show up. From what Ive read they arent as good as the beads but they're like $12 a lb so it would be a cheap fix until you get your beads up and running. They sell it in the potted plant section. Your supposed to mix it in the potting soil and they retain moisture so you dont have to water as often. I read here of another board that they can be used like beads.

HTH

Russell

plant grades moisture retaining crystal may have an odor, or worse
plant grade is less than technical grade..

I would not put fertilizer grade anything near what I smoke or eat.

I use USP grade in what I make.

Diesel Grinch said:
Have no idea how much beads I need for 150 quart coolidor?
[snapback]195527[/snapback]​

A pound would be ideal though I've gotten away with 1/2 a pound in a pinch.

I personally know the owner of Bargain Humidors, and I can only say good things about him, although there are others on other boards that will say the opposite. Never quite sure of what happend with him, but there are some that dispise him and his site.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have had the same interactions with Vern. I have ordered beads from him 2 times, and took forever to get them, and when it was taking forever to get the last order, I looked up viper and his heartfelt site, and had an excellent experience. I know that doesn't mean much for right, as he is not taking orders, but he does have a quality business.

ALostTexan

Does anybody have Climmax phone number?? I ordered from them several weeks ago and still no product. I'd like to call and see what the deal is. Thanks in advance for the help.

Jeff

I placed the order on the net and I know it wasn't from Heartfelt. All I have is the reply from the order and it's from Climmax. Now I can't find the website and when I try it goes to some site that has a bunch of different retailers on it. Boy do I feel stupid now.

Jeff

Back