• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone heard of Prus Cigars ?

Bobby1985

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12547]
I have some cigars that are suppose to be old but can't find any information on them. The band has the words Prus and 40 cents, it also has a small lion standing up with it's paws out. Any information would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Bobby1985 said:

I have some cigars that are suppose to be old but can't find any information on them. The band has the words Prus and 40 cents, it also has a small lion standing up with it's paws out. Any information would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Hey Bobby, welcome to Cigar Pass. As a rule, when a new member joins here, it's a requirement that you post an into thread first so everyone has a chance to meet you. Once that is done, you may want to try and use the 'search' feature before asking any questions...chances are it has been asked before. If that yields no results, then ask away....so there is an established protocol in place at CP that I suggest you follow. To just come on board and ask for some information seems like a thinly veiled attempt at procuring what you want without adding to the knowledge base of the forum.

Here, things go a bit differently, we like to think that everyone that joins is out to learn about cigars as well as giving back your knowledge to the community. There are some rules posted in the "Introduce Yourself Here' sub-forum, you may want to take a moment to review them. If you are on a mobile devise, these links may not show up, so be aware of that. So stick around and join in the fun.

To answer your question, I for one haven't heard of that brand before. Could be a small regional release or a private label from a local cigar shop. My search didn't find any information on them either. If Google can't find anything on them, that has to tell you something! Have you smoked one yet? If so, how did you like it? 

Upon closer inspection of your picture, It's not Prus...but PRIJS and the number could be the cost of the cigar in Euro cents (like a price tag for a cigar). Good chance these cigars were sold in Europe. That being said, without the band of who makes the cigar, it hard to tell their country of origin.

Here is an example...

image_zpsbib6ueix.jpg

image_zpsgluaizjr.jpg

Yes it is PRIJS, thanks for your info. I have not tried one yet because I would hate to smoke one if they are the last ones left at this age.
Feel free to ask me any questions so I can add back to the forum .  Thanks

Bobby1985 said:
Yes it is PRIJS, thanks for your info. I have not tried one yet because I would hate to smoke one if they are the last ones left at this age.
Feel free to ask me any questions so I can add back to the forum .  Thanks

Bro...they aren't any good if you don't smoke them. Plus, without the bands, they just may be an inexpensive cigar made for a shop...albeit a European one. Smoke one and tell us what you think...post a review. We'd love to hear your thoughts on such a unique cigar. Also, ask the person who gave it to you if they have any ideas where it may have come from. 

PS: Just because they are old, doesn't necessarily make them a good vintage smoke. And without knowing their past, you don't know how they've been stored over their lifetime. I've smoked a good many 20-40yo crappy cigars in my day.  :laugh: