• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone here HOOKAH?

Who here on CP has hookah'd or still hookah's

• Total voters

cohibasurfer

one day older than dirt
So take the poll...

Put your favorite Sheesha (SP?) flavor?

Mine is ....

Double Apple

There's a Hookah parlor (or whatever the hell they're called) down the street from work, plus my B&M started selling them this summer. Haven't tried it yet.

I purchased a Hookah several years ago, bought the premium charcoal, tobacco, etc... Tried it a few times, but rarely ever use it. Too much work to get the damn thing going. :) Fun to smoke once in a while.

My sister-in-law brought me a hookah from Turkey several years ago and I've only used it twice. Like Rod said, fun to smoke but too much work to get it going. I've been to a hookah bar and the nice thing there is that they prepare it for you.

I tried it a few times, but it just wasn't my thing.

I hope your smoking good shisha... my hookah smoking can be divided into what I expect from hookah smoking now, and before I learned about makers like starbuzz and tangiers. Also you should defintely be smoking from the newer style bowls like the vortex and other mod bowlz... They let u use less shisha, and keep the flavor going by not letting the syrup run down the stem. When ismoke I use the vortex and this glass cover mod that forces air down thru the juiciest part of the shisha, then up then down to the stem. With the work it takes to setup a hookah, I absolutely refuse to half ass it even slightly.
Finally, hookah quality does make a bit of difference... Most hookah that are "brought" back from the mideast totally suck imo.. In fact many hookah joints' house hookah's are less than great. Im not blowing smoke here... Every single person that has smoked hookah from one of yhe aformentioned hookahs, then have come to my house to smoke mine have been blown away.. EVERY single doubter. I mean u got to remember that most of these places use meh shisha..maybe al fakher if your lucky... But nothing that can blow your mind like starbuzz, tangiers, etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I notice its a big thing in the Bars,Nightclubs and Strip Joints in New York, never tryed it but does it have nicotine and what kind of tobacco is it? And why is it allow to be smoked indoors?
sorry for the thread jack but just like to know more..

I don't, but and every time one of my friends sees me with a cigar for the first time they always suggest that I do.

I purchased a Hookah several years ago, bought the premium charcoal, tobacco, etc... Tried it a few times, but rarely ever use it. Too much work to get the damn thing going. :) Fun to smoke once in a while.
Novalty at best huh Rod? I'm sure if I had to do the work at setting up and all that I would just say FI.

I hope your smoking good shisha... my hookah smoking can be divided into what I expect from hookah smoking now, and before I learned about makers like starbuzz and tangiers. Also you should defintely be smoking from the newer style bowls like the vortex and other mod bowlz... They let u use less shisha, and keep the flavor going by not letting the syrup run down the stem. When ismoke I use the vortex and this glass cover mod that forces air down thru the juiciest part of the shisha, then up then down to the stem. With the work it takes to setup a hookah, I absolutely refuse to half ass it even slightly.
Finally, hookah quality does make a bit of difference... Most hookah that are "brought" back from the mideast totally suck imo.. In fact many hookah joints' house hookah's are less than great. Im not blowing smoke here... Every single person that has smoked hookah from one of yhe aformentioned hookahs, then have come to my house to smoke mine have been blown away.. EVERY single doubter. I mean u got to remember that most of these places use meh shisha..maybe al fakher if your lucky... But nothing that can blow your mind like starbuzz, tangiers, etc.

Ok... looks like you are the resident hookah expert! I'll be asking you questions in the future if you don't mind?

There's a Hookah parlor (or whatever the hell they're called) down the street from work, plus my B&M started selling them this summer. Haven't tried it yet.
LMK what you think when you try it.

At my age I'm past looking for new kicks.

Novalty at best huh Rod? I'm sure if I had to do the work at setting up and all that I would just say FI.

Ok... looks like you are the resident hookah expert! I'll be asking you questions in the future if you don't mind?

LMK what you think when you try it.

Yeah, sure man.. No prob helping hookah smokers out. There are forums out there just like CP, that have a bunch of info. The only problem is that I learned this stuff, but it was by looking through a NUMBER of different forums. BTW, the special bowls are called Tangiers bowls, and the glass topper is called "Scalli's Phunnel mod" You can buy them for like $8 at MNHookahs.com Also, another good site with great quality stuff, good prices and reliable service is hookahjohn.com Hookah john usually has some good deals if you get his email newsletter. Hookahshisha.com is good too, but their prices are meh.

Also, invest in a good hookah. It's pretty important IMO. Khalil Mamoon's are good i hear. I personally bought a big MYA brand hookah... They are more expensive ,but the quality is pretty serious.

Oh, and I also forgot... They make a diffuser bulb that goes at the tip of your bottle stem.. it's good for making the smoke extra cool, especially if you use ice in the bottle OR if you put something in the bottle instead of water. Some people say wine, or juice... I have an indian buddy that SWEARS by having milk in the bottle.... I have just stuck to ice water so far.. IDK

And last thing, I would HIGHLY suggest using non-instant light coals. They last WAY WAY longer, and dont even have the possibility of imparting a chemical taste. I actually bought a $10 electric stovetop from walgreens... just crank it, and put the coals on there. Flip them over and heat the other side quick, then your good to go. If you insist on quicklight coals, hookah john has his own brand that are awesome. Either way, the coals made out of coconut shells are the best

laters

My ex-girlfriend was into hookah smoking and tried to get me into it, but something about smoking apple flavored, molasses-soaked tobacco infused with red wine always seemed so....unappealing. (Seems more like a dessert to me!) One day I'll have to hit a hookah lounge just to try it. I want to see what all the hype is about.

I notice its a big thing in the Bars,Nightclubs and Strip Joints in New York, never tryed it but does it have nicotine and what kind of tobacco is it? And why is it allow to be smoked indoors?
sorry for the thread jack but just like to know more..
It's becoming quite trendy in NYC these days. (Have you been to the East Village lately? There are streets there that are lined with hookah lounges.) Hookah tobacco (shisha) is a flavored tobacco that's usually blended with any combination of honey or molasses, fruit, and glycerin. (The glycerin allows for more even burning of the tobacco and better smoke production.) Yes, it does have nicotine. (Although there are "herbal" varities that contain no nicotine or tobacco.) As for why it's allowed to be smoked indoors, all I know is that these hookah lounges have found loopholes around the state smoking law - I'm not really sure how, but I'd sure like to find out myself.

Here,in Israel,its very common,especially among teenagers or at certain clubs.
I personally have a few HOOKAH'S but I dont use them anymore.
I remember the good all days,every Friday at the beach we all met together smoking :D
I used to love the banana and strawberry tobacco flavor.
Here is one of them.

003-4.jpg

I on occasion will smoke some Hookah. Tangiers is about all I will smoke, but starbuzz will do as well (Pirates Cave). Coconut shell coal are so much better than any other coals i have used and, as ironic as it is, are better for you.

My daughter bought a Hookah pipe (I think it's called a pipe) so I tried it once. It wasn't my thing but it seemed to mean a lot to her that I gave it a try. We're going to Vegas (shocking I know) next month for her 21st birthday. She plans to hit a few places like Rhumbar where she can smoke Hookah. I'll give it one more try, I guess. :blush: