• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone into Courvoisier ERTE?

Marcos

I love you Rocky & Sammie and Bee...thank you
Hello all. Hope everyone is well. It’s been a while since I’ve been on CP and I have to admit I’m a bit saddened my time here fell off but also feeling a bit warm inside to be logged back in. So much in my life has changed since I became a member of this forum years ago. Cigar smoking has diminished a bit but now that I am settled a bit more in love and in life I am looking to get back to it since I’ve enjoyed it so much. As I get reacquainted with the forum I look forward to seeing some old faces and no doubt a lot of new ones as well! My internet searches today led me here which were in regards to Courvoisier ERTE. I know nothing about cognac. I’ve been a scotch drinker my whole life. A series of events many years ago led me to come into possession of two bottles of ERTE. #1 and #7. Number one is apparently the one of the set held in the highest regard as compared to number seven. From what I have read the nectar in these bottles is very well regarded with some of the contributing cognacs being over 100 years old. My problem? No boxes or papers...just fully sealed serial numbered bottles. I’ve struggled for years to determine what to do with them or to just suck it up and open them...although I don’t think my tastes would allow me to appreciate the contents. My question is what would you guys recommend I do? Try and sell them or trade them? How do I determine their value? Any thoughts would be welcome and again I hope everyone is well and I’m happy to be back. Thanks

Welcome back. Thanks for posting that up, it was interesting doing a bit of research and finding out what the heck you were talking about. At the kind of prices they show on some of the websites my vote would be sell and buy cigars and nice Scotch Whiskey unless you have a special occasion to celebrate. Although the No 7 is way cheaper and just to satisfy the need to know........drink it and sell No 1. Anyway sounds like a good dilemma to have.

Thanks for the response. It’s been difficult to establish value with no boxes or papers and they’re definitely niche items for sure.

Lol just trying to arm myself with info guys!

I’m in a couple of scotch and bourbon online groups. After consulting a few members I’ve got a pretty good gauge where the value lies... I threw out an offer for one Balvenie 30 for both bottles. This would make me a happy man and give someone else a really great deal.

I’m in a couple of scotch and bourbon online groups. After consulting a few members I’ve got a pretty good gauge where the value lies... I threw out an offer for one Balvenie 30 for both bottles. This would make me a happy man and give someone else a really great deal.
Did anyone bite?