• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone know "hudaddy"?

Is there some sort of risk to selling to him? If he sends you the money zelle he can’t get it back any way so just make him pay first then send. Not like this is eBay where he can get you kicked off or something lol
The problem with Zelle is that a slow play confidence game can be developed over time. They ask for your Zelle but never finish the transaction. A week later after you are calling them out, they say they are having trouble with Zelle and want to send a check. Now they have your name, addy, phone # and email addy. After you've handed out all this info, they ghost you. A month later they are at it again, hoping that you'll forget who they were. They send you an email with an attachment of the ashtrays they wanted. In that attachment a virus is included. Next thing you know car loans and $50,000 lines of credit are being opened in your name. Not sure if it is my paranoia or imagination that is working overtime. John

The problem with Zelle is that a slow play confidence game can be developed over time. They ask for your Zelle but never finish the transaction. A week later after you are calling them out, they say they are having trouble with Zelle and want to send a check. Now they have your name, addy, phone # and email addy. After you've handed out all this info, they ghost you. A month later they are at it again, hoping that you'll forget who they were. They send you an email with an attachment of the ashtrays they wanted. In that attachment a virus is included. Next thing you know car loans and $50,000 lines of credit are being opened in your name. Not sure if it is my paranoia or imagination that is working overtime. John
Yeah well I’ve sold a lot of stuff on eBay and my dad sells a lot of stuff online in various places and on eBay and all you gotta do if you don’t want your info out there is you set up an email that is only used for zelle. Link it to your account and if the guy sends the money send the goods. Don’t promise to hold the goods till the money comes through and only take zelle from strangers. You can choose to take other forms from people you trust more but if he wants to send you zelle then that’s a sure fire way of getting your money and he can’t take it back. I accidentally sent $700 to a friend from zelle and I had to ask for it back. Only way to get it back. Hold items if you want for people you trust but outsiders do zelle and don’t hold until you get the money. No risk to you at all

Yeah well I’ve sold a lot of stuff on eBay and my dad sells a lot of stuff online in various places and on eBay and all you gotta do if you don’t want your info out there is you set up an email that is only used for zelle. Link it to your account and if the guy sends the money send the goods. Don’t promise to hold the goods till the money comes through and only take zelle from strangers. You can choose to take other forms from people you trust more but if he wants to send you zelle then that’s a sure fire way of getting your money and he can’t take it back. I accidentally sent $700 to a friend from zelle and I had to ask for it back. Only way to get it back. Hold items if you want for people you trust but outsiders do zelle and don’t hold until you get the money. No risk to you at all
Zelle is no risk if they actually send the funds. I've seen too many cat and mouse games recently that leaves me to believe that these ghosts are after something. Tigerdood at OLH most recently had that modo de operandi. He tried to get me and didn't but he scammed quite a few. John

Zelle is no risk if they actually send the funds. I've seen too many cat and mouse games recently that leaves me to believe that these ghosts are after something. Tigerdood at OLH most recently had that modo de operandi. He tried to get me and didn't but he scammed quite a few. John
Yeah. If it were me selling this stuff I would ask for payment first before sending. Once it’s in your account you are good. Unless they are well known by you

Yeah. If it were me selling this stuff I would ask for payment first before sending. Once it’s in your account you are good. Unless they are well known by you

Times have certainly changed. We used to just PM what we wanted and our address, once we got the goods, we’d send a check. Way too many ways people can get scammed nowadays.