• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone mining?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Cryptocurrency mining is huge right now. I'm mining Monero, however am in the process of building a high end mining rig. By the way, if you've tried purchasing a high end GPU, you'll notice everyone is out of stock, as miners have bought them all up. Prices are ridiculous too! I have connections, so if anyone needs a GPU, let me know. I'm going with the Vega 56 AMD line, with a custom config.

Mining rigs require high end GPUs to be effective and profitable. I'll post pictures of the system I'm building once the parts arrive. I expect it to have a 11,000 H/s rate while remaining under 1kW. Stay tuned! :)

Haven't seen that video, though I'm not surprised. The return is very favorable right now, especially if you live in an area with low electric costs.

Rod, what is the software you will use? I’d like to look into this.

I'll be interested in knowing more specific information regarding your setup. Maybe a small manual? I have solar panels installed so electricity for me is pretty good and I currently only use about 60% of the power they produce monthly.

I'll post my full build list with specs and pricing along with software. Part of the config includes under volting and dropping the gpu freq to create a high hash rate with lower wattage. Increase fan speed to keep the gpu's cool also helps keep wattage down.

For those interested, what is your average kilowatt hour cost?

More info to come.

I haven't checked in a while. Entergy's here in Little Rock is a bit over $0.10/KWH.

Edited for spelling.

Here's my build:
  • GPU Miner Aluminum Case
  • AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Proc
  • 6 ea RX VEGA 56 GPU's
  • 64 GB SSD
  • 6 ea PCI-E GPU Risers
  • 2x4GB Kingston RAM
  • Biostar Motherbaord TB350-BTC - designed for mining
  • Corsair 1200W power supply
I was going to run it on Linux, but decided to go with Windows 10 as it's easier to modify the GPU settings.

GPU's are out of stock everywhere. If you can find this particular GPU on ebay it's going for around $800, many of which are used.

Parts should arrive early next week. I'll post pics as I build the system.

BTW, here's a list of all of the crypto coins out there today.

Here's my build:
  • GPU Miner Aluminum Case
  • AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Proc
  • 6 ea RX VEGA 56 GPU's
  • 64 GB SSD
  • 6 ea PCI-E GPU Risers
  • 2x4GB Kingston RAM
  • Biostar Motherbaord TB350-BTC - designed for mining
  • Corsair 1200W power supply
I was going to run it on Linux, but decided to go with Windows 10 as it's easier to modify the GPU settings.

GPU's are out of stock everywhere. If you can find this particular GPU on ebay it's going for around $800, many of which are used.

Parts should arrive early next week. I'll post pics as I build the system.

BTW, here's a list of all of the crypto coins out there today.

Where is this list you speak of?

The above are the parts I'm using to build the system. I'll post more details as I continue the build.

i was speaking of the list of coins, lol......

Are these coins, easily traded across the crypto market, like stocks? My luck, I'd get coins and not have a way to trade/sell for $$$.

On another note, I heard these are hot right now : https://www.cryptokitties.co/

for real, lets start a Crypto Kitty Consortium......

1200 watt thermaltake p/s just arrived. Installing it tonight, then I can get everything configured. Crypto prices are going up again!