• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone reading Comic Books, if so what?

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
My daughter and I are starting to get into comics (again for me). I really like the smaller studio, and sub houses of the larger firms.

Image Comics is and has been my fav studio, and I don't read much by the big 2 (Marvel/DC)

My current line up includes

The Family Trade (Image)
Reactor (Vault)
Imaginary Fiends (Vertigo)

and a few others that I am not sure if I will stick with.

Let me know what you are reading!!!!

T

The Fury Freak Brothers.:D I know, kinda before your time.
My favorites were Sgt. Rock and most Marvel issues, but that was eons ago when my grandmother owned a small convenience store. Comics just aren't the same today.

Doc

Last edited:
Absolutely correct Doc, they are not. And while I appreciate the gold and silver age there is something about the modern technical art process and printing processes that I really enjoy.

I was into comic books as a teenager, I sure wish I knew what happened to all my old Amazing Spider Man and Spectacular Spider Man issues. Probably ended up in a garage sale 20+ years ago.

I've noticed there's a new(ish) Star Wars comic series that's all about Darth Vadar, and I'm very interested in getting started on that before it's too late. I'm not a die hard Star Wars fan, but I enjoy backstories and other informative media about characters.

I'm an X-men fan when I was a teenager. I used to read and collect X-men comics. Now, I enjoy some of the Japanese comics (manga) that is widely popular along with Marvel and DC.

My daughter is I to Manga and Anime, which is what lead me back to comics.

The art and the art of story telling has really come along way

I'd like to point out that I've found all the super hero movies disappointing at best. They're not even close, but I would go to a Sgt. Rock movie even if it was bad. I wonder who they would cast as Ice Cream soldier?

Doc

Reactions: MX
Wednesday Robert Kirkman's ( The Walking Dead) new comic dropped....

Oblivion Song
By Kirkman & De Felici

A decade ago, 300,000 citizens of Philadelphia were suddenly lost in Oblivion. The government made every attempt to recover them, but after many years, they gave up. Nathan Cole...won't. He makes daily trips, risking his life to try and rescue those still living in the apocalyptic hellscape of Oblivion. But maybe...Nathan is looking for something else? Why can't he resist the siren call of the Oblivion Song? -

See more at: https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/oblivion-song-by-kirkman-de-felici-1#sthash.mH1JdJhY.dpuf

Also a new 6 issue mini-series with Wonder Woman, Batman and a Celtic God just released. "The Brave and the Bold"

Issue 1 was pretty good, WW's look is a great blend of modern and classic looks. The writing, as is in many #1's, a little hard to follow because of a lot of narration from a 3rd party, but the story line has promise

Read the new Kirkman book.

Really good writing, and a great start to the story. This books feels like it is going be fast paced, and the word is that the first year's worth of story is already done.
Anyone that reads comics knows this is good news, nothing worse the the monthly issue grind taking a toll on the creators causing them to burn out on a story

T

About to finish up what I think has been the best Comic arc, story and art that I have ever read.
Lady-Mechanika-Comic-Wallpapers-5.jpg