• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone remember these?...

MiamiCubano

El Martillo (My Boxing Name)
"Choose Your Own Adventure" books...if you want to do this, turn to page 6; if you want to do that, turn to page 7. Came to mind the other day and was wondering, if this day and age, such things even still were of interest to young 'uns.

Cave_of_time.jpg

I loved those books!!!!

I had a nose surgery and many teeth pulled as a child that left me out of commission. My mom would bring a ton of these books home for me to read.

Some had some pretty graphic endings. I remember one where I ended up locked in a sensory deprivation chamber for all time. That was pretty messed up.

I never seemed to have enough fingers by the end of those.

I had one where the exact right set of choices would set you up for a semi-erotic encounter with a mermaid or a wood nymph or some such thing.

I completely forgot about these books. True kiddy classic right next to 'Highlights' ;)

I loved in class when we had to read books and the teacher would record what page of the book you were on every few days. I loved it when one day I would be on page 45 the next I would be on 32. The teachers never understood.

I loved those books. I applied the "checkers rule" of I could go back if I made the wrong move if I didn't take my finger off of the previous page. Needless to say, I usually made it through the book alive. :whistling:

I had a lot of these as a kid. I used to use about 10 bookmarks so I could go back if I didn't like the way the story was going.

LOL...brings back memories. Loved those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books when I was in grade school and I was very pleasantly surprised to see my 9 year old daughter with a copy of one that she brought along on our drive to San Diego a few weeks ago.

I used to love those books, they still have them for kids, but I don't think they are as popular. Remember this:

295px-Parker_Brothers_Merlin.jpg

Choose your own adventure books were a staple of mine while growing up. I still have allot of them packed away. In fact, I know I have The Cave Of Time pictured for sure!!

Whoa! What a flash back. I remember that exact book. An easy read for sure. As for my English teacher who made us read a book, said no to these. Because after all, it was only about 30-50 pages of reading, and even less if you pick the obvious wrong choice.

Merlin, Simeon, Classic Football were all great hand held games.

Wow, that stuff is sure setting the wayback machine a long way for me.

Willie

My dad still has my book collection and i have most of those including that one and yup i remember the handheld games well had hocky