• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone seen these styx anywhere?

STYX&STONED

READ MY LIPS!!!!!
Just came acrcoss this while trying to figure out what my Opus X Reserva D' Chateau Crystals are worth.

A. FUENTE AniverXario Don Arturo al Siglo??????

Dont think I have seen one yet. Have any of you guys?

And does anyone know what the Reserva D' Chateau Crystals are worth that come with the ashtray and DVDs from Promytheus? I have a total of of them and want to know what they are worth before I start to ash them.

The RdCs in the tubes are probably worth a bit more than MSRP, but not a lot more. I've seen them on Yahoo for as high as $75 for two, but that's Yahoo. I would guess closer to $25 per cigar.

Not sure what the other ones are unless they are the ones from the boxes of 13 that were sold exclusivley to Cigar Family Members a couple fo weeks back. I'll look into it. :)

I did find a MSRP for the A. FUENTE AniverXario Don Arturo al Siglo.

It is $8.50, but I cant find any discriptions or pictures of it.

I was talking to Fuente's rep yeterday, and he said these cigars would come in a plain Fuente box, and they'd be unbanded. He said Carlito wanted to put bands on, but because it was supposed to be released last year, the didn't have enough time for production of bands because of the rush on them. The set of Opus X, DVD set and ashtray retail for around $350. That's what my store sells them for.

I saw something in the CI catalog I had never seen

Fuente Selection Reserva??

WTF, they say it's only a Europe release??

Does anyone know about these??

Here's the info on the one's sold to CF members:
For several years now, Carlito has been working on a very special cigar in honor of his grandfather.

He has made this cigar not only to commemorate his grandfathers' heritage but also to lead his company into its next century.

This cigar will be packed in a box of 13. Why 13 cigars?

Arturo Fuentes life was 85 years long, 8 and 5 equals 13. The brand Arturo Fuente was founded in 1912, when you add 1,9,1 and 2 together it equals 13. Ever since he was a little boy, Friday the 13th has always been a very lucky day for Carlos Fuente Sr. Still, to this day, 13 is his favorite number. There are many other reasons for a box of 13 but I will leave that to Carlito to share with you later.

Carlito has always known in his heart that a cigar so special to him personally, could only be first released directly to his Cigarfamily.

Carlito also knows that his Grandfather would be so very proud to have a cigar made in his honor, to commemorate his lifetime of success, failure and perseverance donated to give Children hope, opportunity and a chance at a better life. Therefore, per Carlito's request, 100% of the purchase price of these boxes will go directly to the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation.

There are only 100 of these boxes made. Each cigar comes with a simple white band that has a reproduction of Arturo Fuentes actual signature and an individual number. This first release will only be made available to Cigar Family members. If you would like to purchase one of these boxes, please read and follow the rules below;

below where???

Sorry Matt, ya lost me unless you plan on putting the link in later.....

More likely, the ones you are looking for an answer on are referred to by Carlito in this Q&A:

Q. What's in the immediate future for the Fuente operation? Anything new in the pipeline?

A. We're always creating new things, but most of our creations in the past year have been very limited collectibles. For a very logical reason: There's so many things that I think about, but our classical products are so oversold, whatever we do would take away from something that people are waiting for.

There is a new cigar - it commemorates my grandfather and the beginning of A. Fuente & Cia., for his 90th anniversary. Just like the Fuente Fuente OpusX, the packaging really has to honor my grandfather and the whole history of our family, and I've been working on the packaging for over two years now. The cigar itself has been ready to ship for over a year, so the first cigar will be shipped on Nov. 18, which is my grandfather's birthday. That cigar is called the Arturo Fuente Anniversary. It's the Anniversary Series.

Now, November 18th has come and gone and these were supposed to be released last year, from what I was told. But, there are some rumblings that these will be hitting the stores very soon. I have not seen anything concerning the packaging but I highly doubt they will release these in "plain" form. But, I could be wrong. I know though that the packaging of these kind of releases from Fuenet means a lot to Carlito and also adds to the value. If the reviews I've read on this cigar are true, it will be unlike any other Fuente that has been officially released as of yet. Here is one from a friend who is very experienced with reviewing cigars:

"Dark wrapper, more like a cuban maduro. Very fine veins, and as always with Fuentes, excellent construction. This cigar was unbanded, and when Carlito handed me this cigar he had this grin on his face and told me "you are one of the first to try this smoke". The size was similar to a corona grande. Fired it up and the cigar drew very easily...almost smoked itself. What I was immediately impressed with was the smoothness of this smoke. Flavorful, rich tobacco taste with a splash of black spice. When exhaling through my nose to get a better taste of this cigar, it was extremely smooth........no "pepper burn" in my nostrils. Amazing for a cigar that was rolled a year ago, and for one as flavorful as this.

If I were doing a blind taste test of this cigar, I would have guessed it to be a 20 year old cuban Partagas...this is no BS! The combustion was complete, white ash, razor burn. Not unlike the vintage cigars that I smoke on a regular basis. I told Carlito that this cigar would have made me look like an idiot in a blind taste test......as I would have sworn this was a vintage havana. I'm not sure if this cigar was a prototype, or a production run, but if these cigars are released in this form/flavor, it will definitely cause a bigger $hitstorm than the SG Hemi's on this board. This cigar is unlike any other Fuente that I have ever smoked."

coventrycat86 said:
below where???

Sorry Matt, ya lost me unless you plan on putting the link in later.....
There's no below, because they were sold out in about ten minutes or less.

There's no below, because they were sold out in about ten minutes or less.

Ah, I shoulda figured. Thanks for the info on this, I probably would have jumped on one if they hadn't sold out. :(

Matt R,

Thanks for the info BRO!!

You sure do come up with some good info. Now I'm not sure what it is a am looking at or should I say looking for. Hell I'll take a fist full of them both!!!