• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

anyone smoke anything new?

Techmaster-1

anyone smoke something new this past week that was pretty decent, that they have not tried before? :lookup:

Yepper, had my very first Monticristo ever. It was a #2 and it was delicious!

I had a JR Ultimate in the a Petite Corona size, a Toro(?) size, and a Montecruz Negra Cubana. The JR Ultimates were surprisingly good. Nothing complex, but seems like well aged tobacco. The MNC was ok. The flavor was pretty young. Thinking maybe it is either too moist or needs a nap in the dor. So I will try another in a 2 weeks. Thanks Shadow!
Emo

so what about cohiba's? or punch? any takes on these? I hear they are good just not sure which ones to try!!! another reason i poste this to get some ideas of what to go get at the store :D

The Cohibas are tastey and are pretty consistant. I like La Unica Cameroon's, Leon Jimenez Maduro's, Montechristo Vintage Cabinats, AF Sungrowns...Pretty much my goto smokes.

Emo

Punch Rothschild Maduro Maduro.

A. Fuente Hemingway Short Stories.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Sam

Smoked one of a 5 pack I bid on of Indian Tobac Gorillia Mad. Very nice stick! :love: A bit of a struggle to wrap ya lips around but when you do is very tasty! Also smoked a Monti Beli Magnum Sun Grown. A bit mild for my taste but I do love those SG wrappers!

I think that I am going to go and try and pick up a punch rothschild and some differnt a. fuente's maybe something like i'll close my eyes sping around and where my finger lands that is what i'll get...hehehe

This would be a good time to pick up some Fuentes. They slowed down shipments for a while, but just in the last week the East coast has been getting regular Fuentes and Opus.

Not in G.R. unfortunantely. Stock is down, but I did score some Anejo #49's at a secret locale. ;)

I've been buying Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus' at local cigars stores lately. I like these quite a bit. Dark, velvety wrapper. Perfectly made. Medium/full bodied. I like these and wouldn't mind buying a box.

I bought a box of A. Fuente Hemingway #2's, which I'm enjoying also. Tastes like a loooong version of the Short Story - a nice cigar. The flavor and strength of the cigar increases as the cigar burns down.

Cuban? Bolivar Belicoso Finos occasionally. A kick butt smoke.

I found ONE Montecristo #2 in the bottom of my humidor yesterday. It had about two years aging on it. Smoother than the Bolivar, with a richer flavor - really delicious. I like both very much. I would like to buy some more of these later on. They age well also.

S.

Techmaster-1 said:
so what about cohiba's? or punch? any takes on these? I hear they are good just not sure which ones to try!!! another reason i poste this to get some ideas of what to go get at the store :D
try the punch Rothschild double maddies. for about $3.50, they are great. The Hoyo de Monterrey in the same is great too. Pretty much the same cigar

Danny

Got a box of Bolivar Fuerte Size B/oscuro. A great VERY strong smoke.

Danny

Well, I recently tried a Toro-sized Dominican Tamayo y Pareto Maduro for $1.40.

That was a surprise.

The cigar is called Maduro, but the wrapper is triple-fermented, and it's so black and oily that it has bluish highlights; I'd have to call it Oscuro instead.

The watchwords for this cigar are spicy and sweet. It's great to smoke, but even the bluish-white smoke that rises from the end has a delicate, sweet aroma to it that brings folks over to ask what you're smoking. The flavor begins with a sort of leathery spice that becomes peppery as things progress, until your mouth has the same sort of tingle you'd get from a plateful of hot wings. All this has a constant undertone of dark, clear sweetness, if that makes any sense.

The burn was exemplary. No runners, no tunnels, nice and even all the way to the nub.

One problem is that the paper-thin Oscuro wrapper is quite delicate. The cigar was in great condition when I took it out of the humidor, but by the time I had smoked it I had accidentally broken the wrapper in a number of places. The burn and the flavor were not affected, however. Even lengthwise splits didn't run. Probably these need to be kept a little wetter
than I had them.

Nobody will mistake it for a $12.00 cigar, but it might well be mistaken for a $5.00 cigar; and for $1.40, that's a heck of a deal as far as I'm concerned.

FYI - wrapper splits are usually caused by over humidification not under. ;)

J Lew said:
nothing new but, hey PB was that a Monte #2 ISOM ?
JLew, it was actually the Non-ISOM #2, have not seen a #2 ISOM but would gladly set one to blaze if/when I do. :D

I have developed a great appreciation for Montecristos as well as ISOMs so I am sure the combo of the two would be heavenly.

Allofus123 said:
Really? Even wrapper splits caused by handling? It makes sense that a wet cigar will swell and no longer fit its wrapper, but these splits felt like they happened because the wrapper was very thin and very brittle--i.e., dry. When I opened the humidor, the wrapper wasn't split; it only split while I handled it.

But I'm still a newbie, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Allofus123 said:
Wanted to let you know you were right. I took a couple of the Tamayo y Pareta Oscuros out of the humidor and let them sit for a few days, then smoked one this morning and it was much better. No cracks or splits.

Now what am I gonna do? I don't want to let them dry completely out...